Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mac Migration - ps upgrade  (Read 1308 times)

thewanderer

mac Migration - ps upgrade
« on: August 27, 2011, 01:14:34 pm »

Well, I went for the air book unit. Cute little thing the air book.   i have a LR 3 version on the old mac and all went well with the migration option, seems to be doing fine.  However, I still use the CS2 version of PS.  it transferred too, but all the updates, etc, hardware changes, software changes in the newer versions of mac and adobe prevent me from using the CS2 version. says power pc versions no longer supported. 

So i am now forced to upgrade to CS5.  What would be the best option?  get the upgrade and download to the New Airbook, or download to the old mac, then do another migration of just the CS 5 upgrade.  Or is the upgrade more of a whole new application that runs on its own and not incorporated into the older CS2.  Understand I don't really understand all these migrations and how they work, I just read the directions and hit buttons and hope, so the easiest, most reliable method would be preferable. 

and as a side note, i have the mac office suite, and as you can imagine, the activation code has long been misplaced.  I travel about 260 days a year, so hauling around codes just doesn't seem priority, (until now)  it has only been on the one mac, it transferred as well, just not the activation.  What is the best method to recover that code, if any one has an idea

As always, thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sincerely,

the wanderer

mediumcool

Re: mac Migration - ps upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 12:18:09 am »

However, I still use the CS2 version of PS.  it transferred too, but all the updates, etc, hardware changes, software changes in the newer versions of mac and adobe prevent me from using the CS2 version. says power pc versions no longer supported. 

I am in the same position, buying a complete CS2 suite a couple of years ago for a very good price. Did you not know about the dropping of Rosetta support for PPC software in Lion? There is a possibility of installing Snow Leopard on at least some of the new machines, which would solve your problem if it’s feasible.

So i am now forced to upgrade to CS5. 

Strong word, forced. You might want to look for a v3 (and up) of the app or suite, rather than go all the way to 5 or 5.5 (I am happy with PS as it is, but time marches on). Be advised that you should not buy an already-registered version (I have had people try to sell me “used” software in the past!). Or you could research the downgrading-to-Snow Leopard option.

What would be the best option?  get the upgrade and download to the New Airbook, or download to the old mac, then do another migration of just the CS 5 upgrade.

Either an upgrade of a full version should install properly on the MBA; if you have any problems, you can always contact Adobe.

and as a side note, i have the mac office suite, and as you can imagine, the activation code has long been misplaced.  I travel about 260 days a year, so hauling around codes just doesn't seem priority, (until now)  it has only been on the one mac, it transferred as well, just not the activation.  What is the best method to recover that code, if any one has an idea

I don’t use MS products any more, so can’t comment, but you might consider using iWork instead.
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool
Pages: [1]   Go Up