Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vinten and Fujinon  (Read 1747 times)

fredjeang

Vinten and Fujinon
« on: August 26, 2011, 07:03:16 am »

Can someone tells me if they have used Vinten heads and comment their impression on it? (I'm thinking of the Vision light head)

I'd also like to know it the vintage Fujinon focussing and zooming grip are adaptable to current Canon lenses for the 5DMK2? (I guess it's not but in the doubt I ask because it's mounted with a ring and not screwed).

The idea is that instead of having the follow-focus wheel I'd like to be able to focus with the tripod arm but using dslr lenses. Is it possible not ruining the bank in cine lenses?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 07:10:03 am by fredjeang »

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Re: Vinten and Fujinon
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 02:37:25 pm »

The local BBC use Vinten - says enough to me about quality

Personally my dream sticks are sachler speedlock

--

As for controller - I dont know the one you mean

controlling Stills lenses remotely is possible with a Remote follow focus

Hocus Focus, cheap , Bartech expensive are two brands

Such systems are generally pretty in depth to set up

As for using stills lenses with them - they 'work' the main problem being AF lenses that run past infinity and lose their marks

Another issue you can have is actually mounting the camera securely when using a high torque motor on the lens

Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 05:42:10 pm »

Can someone tells me if they have used Vinten heads and comment their impression on it? (I'm thinking of the Vision light head)
I've been using Vinten heads for over thirty years and they are simply the best pan and tilt heads available.
Their web site doesn't list a 'light' model, but the very cheap end are re-engineered Manfrotto heads, which are OK, but the Vision 5 and above is where the real quality lies.

Paul

fredjeang

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 06:00:58 pm »

Yes, I have a view on a reasonably priced second-hand Vision 5 LF (what I called unappropriatly "light" compared to heavier models I've seen arround here but that where totally overkill for my needs).

I really liked the built and the smoothness is incredible.

Thanks for those infos guys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up