Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: phocus 2.6.4 crashes on startup  (Read 5399 times)

fahrenhyde

phocus 2.6.4 crashes on startup
« on: August 24, 2011, 08:48:42 pm »

hello

i'm totally new to phocus and hasselblad (h4d-40). i've installed it on my macbook pro (running latest macos lion) and on my macpro (running latest macos snow leopard).

i've just shot tethered into the laptop. worked.
imported some files into phocus on my macpro (desktop). worked.
exported some files and worked with them in photoshop cs5. worked.
tried to run phocus again > it crashed. and it now crashes every time i try to run it. but only on my mac pro. it still works on my macbook pro.

did i miss something?

also i deleted all the colorsync files, the application, the phocus folder in the user library and the phocus folder in the picture folder, then reinstalled phocus. didn't work. the colored wheel comes on the main window, right after i choose the mode at application startup.

please someone help, or at least help me find a place where to look for a solution.

thanks. jorma.

fahrenhyde

Re: phocus 2.6.4 crashes on startup
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 03:31:15 am »

ok.

the guys from hasselblad said that often crashes happen when there is a corrupt file in the scratchpad folder (or Phocus Captures folder which is automatically put in the pictures folder when first starting up phocus). my capture destination was set to desktop, which seemed to cause the crashes since there are too many different file types phocus cant handle.
i also found that there is another file in the user library > preferences folder named dk.hasselblad.phocus.plist which i just had to trash. (initially i thought it was enough to delete the phocus folder in the application support folder)

problem solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up