Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Future  (Read 1723 times)

Timo Löfgren

Future
« on: August 24, 2011, 10:14:29 am »

francois

Re: Future
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 11:26:16 am »

Beautiful cloudy sky, calm sea and those lush greens all give another excellent image!
Francois

jani

• Øyet
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 01:00:52 pm »

I think this image has potential, and although it reminds me of other similar subjects that occur frequently, I like large parts of the capture.

But there is something about the tonality that is just a bit too much to my taste, leaning ever so slightly towards what I consider the dramatic and over-saturated artificial look favored in "HDR".

I suggest toning down the vibrance or saturation a tad, and perhaps leave out the dramatic sky and the very bottom of the image.

I do not understand why the edges of the image are fuzzy near the white border, it does not appear to match the subject well.

This may not be quite what you were looking for, but it is a one-minute approximation of what I think could be done to improve the image slightly.
Jan

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 01:24:59 pm »

It's a grand shot, Timo, as usual, but also as usual the croppers are coiled and ready to strike. The upper part of that sky is essential to the picture. But, like Jan, I wondered about the color saturation. I suspect you were shooting Velvia, which would give oversaturated results without a boost.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 02:24:01 am »

Timo, a grand picture.

As far as the other comments:
- I always think saturation/vibrance is a matter of taste (and even mood of the viewer at a particular moment in time)
- agree with Russ the sky is essential, no crop needed in my mind
pieter, aka pegelli

jani

• Øyet
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 03:43:10 am »

It's funny that you didn't notice that I cropped the bottom. That was the most important part of the crop, in my opinion. :)
Jan

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 07:00:05 am »

Hi Timo

Your photographs are excellent. Thank you.

I have noticed, with the majority of your landscapes, that I am lead into the picture from the bottom right-hand corner and taken up and across to top left.

Is that intended? Are you aware of doing it?

Or am I imagining things?

William
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Timo Löfgren

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 08:07:13 am »

Thank you all for the comments. Any errors that occur in the image due to the fact that the camera is strange to me, and I did not use image processing than a little time. I have photographed landscapes in the old methods of 30 years so the small end of our operating result after the workout is better. Illustrates the highly polluted Baltic Sea is my opinion that to save our people should do everything that the children could enjoy being on the beach.

Timo Löfgren

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 03:01:43 am »

I have been a fan of all B&W's from Timo, and this is the first color from him that I really like; and excellent picture, in my humble opinion. And about the proposed enhancement: thanks, but no thanks; sorry.

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 05:01:01 pm »

Lovely photo Timo. Your photos are always inspiring.
Pages: [1]   Go Up