Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to stop C1 6.2 from booting up  (Read 3276 times)

crusty

How to stop C1 6.2 from booting up
« on: August 24, 2011, 08:00:58 am »

First time caller long time listener..

Well i've been a Lightroom user since i can remember but please for the love of god, how do i successfully stop Capture One from booting when i insert media?

I've turned off 'open importer when inserting removable media' i've even removed the reference to C1 in Mac's Image capture but still it boots..

I'd like to give C1 a sporting chance because i'm impressed with its skin controls for portraits and beauty but apart from the worst case scenario of trashing C1 what have i missed?  I thought of myself as a pretty advanced user but C1 has turned me into a complete halfwit.

All the best..

Si

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
Re: How to stop C1 6.2 from booting up
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 11:29:15 am »

You didn't mention if you were on Mac or PC, but I suspect Mac as it is tougher to find ow to turn this off. FIrst off, it is a Mac os issue, not a C1 issue.  After the card is inserted in the reader, open up your Image Capture app. Once open select it's prefs -- in older OSX versions it's in the normal place for app prefs, but in the latest builds it is part of a dropdown in the left pane -- either way, where you choose the action to perform on card insert, set it to "do nothing."

Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

crusty

Re: How to stop C1 6.2 from booting up
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 12:54:29 pm »

Got it, Thanks Jack.  My bad, i had the iPhone tethered at the time and only disabled that from opening in C1 and missed the flash card media icon directly underneath it (image capture)..

Sneaky Mac..

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up