Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silverfast 8  (Read 4454 times)

Ian Matthews

Silverfast 8
« on: August 22, 2011, 03:07:48 pm »

Anyone using the new Silverfast 8 for Mac.
I have a some initial queries:-

How do I set the orientation of the output scan, V6.6 allowed you to do this in the Densitometer Tool.

How do I set the numbering sort order of frames, ie top/bottom right/left etc as in V6.6.

Other posts here say that the Preferences/General Tab for Epson V700 in V6.6 has these settings for the focusing plane:
Transparent (full area) = high resolution lens
Transparent = super high resolution lens
but they appear to be missing in V8?

Thanks for any help.
Ian
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:09:36 pm by Ian Matthews »

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Silverfast 8
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 03:39:26 pm »

There is a button called "Rot/Flip in the tool column to the right of the dock. This allows you to reorient and flip the preview any which way. That will also be the scan and results orientation.
In Manual Mode (click the globe with the aircraft in the upper left corner of the interface to make it RED. Click on "Reflective" - you will find the Transparent controls.
Unless you are talking about the Job Manager, which exists in both program versions, not clear to me what you mean by setting the sort order of the frames in V6.6 - can you describe what you do here?
What version of SF8 are you using? There are three and they different availability of features depending on the level.

Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Ian Matthews

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 03:57:34 pm »

Thanks for the reply, I am using Silverfast AI Studio V8.

Say I am scanning a batch of Slides, some are Landscape and some portrait. The Rot/Flip button will only work on the whole batch. V6.6 allowed the o/p of the portrait slides to be the correct orientation, without changing the orientation on screen, via the densitometer tool.

If I am scanning a batch of slides I need to be able to set the o/p scan order i.e. left to right and top to bottom and not the jumbled up frame numbers they become whilst editing. I could do this in V6.6.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 04:25:20 pm »

What does o/p mean?

Do you load the slides into the frame in the order you wish to scan them and with the correct orientation/ In SF8 you click on *Frame*>Find Frames and the application will delineate each of the images in the orientation in which you loaded them. Then click on Job Manager. In Job Manager. select the frame you wish to rename/renumber, and do it in the Scan Dimension panel. Then scan the batch. Is this what you need?
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Ian Matthews

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 05:52:41 pm »

o/p = output

jrossee

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 10:34:01 am »

How do I set the orientation of the output scan, V6.6 allowed you to do this in the Densitometer Tool.

Dear Ian,

thought I'd let you know that the output rotation has returned to SF8 in the latest update 8.0.1r13 available as of today.
Best,

JAN

stormyboy

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 01:53:07 pm »

Jan (jrossee),
Where is the best place to read exactly what changes have been implemented in each new release?  I haven't had much luck finding that information on the Silverfast website nor in the accompanying files with the downloads.

I asked this of Mr. Horn LSI on Dpreview, but he never answered.

Thanks for any information,

Tom
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 01:55:46 pm by Thomas River »
Pages: [1]   Go Up