Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Filter Systems - adjustable ND grad. filters  (Read 1550 times)

FlyPenFly

Filter Systems - adjustable ND grad. filters
« on: August 21, 2011, 08:11:24 am »

I'd like to pick up a good quality value kit that is highly adjustable for my Zeiss 28mm F2.8 C/Y, Zeiss 21mm F2.8 ZF.2, Zeiss ZA 85mm F1.4, and Tamron 70-200mm F2.8. The filter sizes are 55mm, 82mm, 72mm, and 77mm respectively. All to be used on a full frame.

This is for landscape shooting. I'd like to do landscape panoramas with the telephotos rotated in portrait mode.

I'd like to spend about 300-500$ to start and add filters as needed.

Currently I'm considering buying into this system: http://www.2filter.com/prices/Hitech/Hitech4x4.html

With the wide angle holder, an 82mm adapter ring, and 4x5 Gradual ND 0.6 Hard Edge Camera Filter. Or this system:

Lee Foundation Kit
82mm Wide Angle adapter (step up adapters for other sizes)
Singh Ray 4x6 3 stop GND
Singh Ray 4x6 3 stop reverse GND

Are circular polarizers supposed to be the very outermost filter? I'm guessing I won't be able to use my 82mm B+W MRC circular polarizer then layer the graduated ND filters in front of it? Where can I get one?

I'm guessing I need a reverse or normal GND depending on the position of the sun to the horizon?

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 08:44:34 am by FlyPenFly »

NancyP

What did you finally get, and do you like it?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 06:32:29 pm »

I am the proud new owner of a used Zeiss Distagon T 21mm lens. I now need a filter system that can handle this 82mm filter diameter lens, and was considering Lee (if it ever comes in stock) and Hitech. If you are still here at LuLa, can you give us an update on your filter system choice?
Pages: [1]   Go Up