Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 5Dll corrupt files  (Read 1404 times)

Harold Clark

Canon 5Dll corrupt files
« on: August 18, 2011, 10:07:37 pm »

I have been using a 5Dll as my main workhorse since last October. On a shoot this week I got corrupt files for the first time. I have attached a jpeg to illustrate, although there are a couple more that neither Bridge nor Photoshop will recognize nor preview. These occurred on two separate cards. Has anybody else experienced this? Any insights greatly appreciated.

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
Re: Canon 5Dll corrupt files
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 12:08:04 am »

Are you shooting raw or jpegs?
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

Harold Clark

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 06:38:08 am »

Are you shooting raw or jpegs?

Thanks for your reply Kirk. I am shooting raw. I reloaded the cards in the camera and the one I posted here looks normal on the screen. Another one that won't open in Photoshop reads fine on the camera, and a third one reads as a bright green area with a couple of zig zag lines running diagonally across.I am using Sandisk 2 GB cards.

Robert55

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 04:45:04 am »

On the camera screen you'll only see the embedded thumbnail, not the actual photo.

Do I understand you correctly that you copied the files back from PC to card?
If so, have you still got access to the original as written to card by the camera?
If you can download that original again and it is fault free, the problem is somewhere in the downloading chain [card to PC]
Otherwise, it may be between camera and card.

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 08:15:54 pm »

I often get a few corrupt files just like this. Last week I got more files like this than usual. I downloaded again with a 6 years old real cheap CF reader and got zero corrupted ones. The one I regularly used is a Lexar Professional UDMA for CF and SD. Apparently something is wrong with it. I'm using Sandisk Extreme 8Gb with a 5D2.
Eduardo
Pages: [1]   Go Up