Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ACR 6.4.1 with CR2 files not recording as being modified with correct date  (Read 4425 times)

wlong

• www.longshots.com.au

Hi.

I've been using Photoshop since version 2.5 in 1992.  I'm a full time pro, and use CS5 with ACR 6.4.1.

My problem is that with my current work flow, I would download the raw files from my Canon camera as CR2 files.

When I open ACR from bridge, to adjust my CR2 files, ACR launches - I make some adjustments, and finish by clicked on the done button in ACR, which then cloes. 

Now my problem/issues is that those CR2 files should now register a new date/time in the "date modified" section in bridge - but it doesnt - the thumbnail preview will update without issue, but the modified date doesnt change.

If I do the same thing with a DNG file, the date modified does change.

Now one more thing - I did a completely fresh installation of both my OS (Windows 7 64 bit) and a clean installation of CS5 with all Adobe updates and NO other 3rd party plug ins.

So while Adobe have been helpful and keep describing this as "weird", after 3 phone sessions with them, they still havent been able to offer a solution.

I asked 4 other colleagues who use Canon cameras and asked them if they'd noticed any issues similar to this, and all said that they were having the same problem.

Yet Adobe state that they cannot replicate the issue at their Technical help.

So I'd dearly welcome any help or suggestions as to a cure please ? :)

Richowens

Simple, when you work on a raw file ACR will write a .xmp sidecar file with develop instructions. The origonal file (CR2,NEF,ARW, etc.) is unchanged so the date stays the same.
DNG files do not use sidecars, the changes are contained within the file, therefore the file is changed with development.

It would seem all is operating to design intent

Rich

wlong

• www.longshots.com.au

Thanks a lot :)     Thats good to know

Clearly in trying to sort out one problem with bridge - where the thumbnails would not update after changes were recorded in ACR, which has been cured, I have confused myself with thinking that the CR2 files should record a date modified, when they're not designed to.

I should add that even after 3 long phone sessions on Adobe Technical support, with 2 so called escalations, they have been left confused by my query and not able to answer my question.

So I'm very grateful, and reassuring that if you want the right answer, that LL is the place to come.

Pages: [1]   Go Up