Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 nozzles, ink, and other bad stuff  (Read 13653 times)

Phil Indeblanc

Re: Z3100 nozzles, ink, and other bad stuff
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 04:23:35 pm »

I have a video of how to replace the belt without taking it apart. Its on one of my phones as I recorded the tech doing it. I will upload if need be, as I have to source it on an older phone. I do remember he took the left side apart only. he undid the rod and was able to slip the belt on. careful for the way the belt is knotched. 

The cigarobession guy on youtube has a good video too, but that is almost a complete tear down. You might listen to his cigar advise as you will want to light one up after you complete this!

My tech replaced the fan as well.

I would look up Mark Lindquist's posts here as well. His step by steps got my machine up and running. he has links to the parts, and the explanation documented, as well as other sournces to help. Once you go through it, and all physical parts are in good standing, the key thing I learned to unclog is get as much ink running through it to keep ink moving and eventually with enough head alignments checks, and such it will sing on all notes.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

jasdown

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2015, 05:00:25 pm »

Phil,
I for one would surely appreciate (as I'm sure would a lot of members in the "Z" community!) your video on how to avoid the headache of a complete tear down when replacing the carriage belt!!!

jhein

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2015, 11:54:47 am »

Phil:
Please do post the video!  My aging Z3100 also needs the belt replaced.  I have the new belt and the tools but not the nerve just yet for this undertaking.

thanks
Jim

Guilherme Maranhão

• Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2015, 08:36:10 pm »

Sorry it took me so long to reply.
Today I did shake all cartridges and tried to turn the printer on.
I got the bar to go up to 100% and into initializing.
As the printer tried to move the head carriage, whatever is left of the belt didn't take it (it was just a few strings, no rubber on them), the printer reported a paper jam and asked me to restart.
I did and it stopped at the same point.

So the HD and the main board seem fine, I have at least 6 cartridges that feel almost full.
I'll order a belt and see how that goes.

I'd be very interested in the video too!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up