Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: prices  (Read 753 times)

enduser

prices
« on: August 17, 2011, 05:43:36 am »

Ray

It's a dance around to get the best price, always was.  Now some suppliers on AliExpress will send smaller items for a zero delivery fee, Asian suppliers can be cheaper than the US for some stuff you need. For example, I can get genuine Canon ipF inks from Hong Kong for $AU78, with free delivery to my door. ($AU125 here,  $US75 plus another $30 for postage from the US)

The thing about US sourced products is to bulk up an order with other users.  For example many of my family buy from Sierra Trading Post for clothing, shoes, etc.  Why?  The range is better, my trousers can be had in any length/girth combination, in Oz all jeans are made for 6'6" people.  I can get different widths in shoes as well from the US.  We put in a bulk order for maybe 10 people to bring delivery cost down per item.

Another problem is the demise of sea postage, or even sea/air which once existed.  Now you're stuck with private freighter such as DHL and TNT, at a higher cost than post.  Good canvas starts at $32 a 40' x 2' roll in China.  Order a container load and you'll get it real cheap.
Pages: [1]   Go Up