Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panasonic GH2 video settings quick switch  (Read 2227 times)

fredjeang

Panasonic GH2 video settings quick switch
« on: August 14, 2011, 04:15:54 pm »

Hi,

I'd like to figure out if there is a quick way to switch between different video settings on the GH2.

Let's say that I'm filming skaters in 24H mode and I'd like to shoot some sequences in FSH mode to use the 60 fps in post further for slowmo, then filming back in 24H. Do I really need to enter on set the menu each time, as I'm doing now, or is there a short-cut possibility to avoid that? (there is nothing worse and distracting on set plateau than to have to enter a camera menu)

In 24H, wich is logical, the quick menu does not allow the shift to 60 fps but just a slower bitrate so you need to enter into the main menu and get-out of cine 24p and that's a very good way to miss some action, so at least a direct external access would be quicker and cleaner. Could that be done in C1 C2 C3 for ex? C1 would be setted to 24H and C2 to FSH but the menu is so confusing that I gave up. I'm not very patient with devices I admit.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 04:29:51 pm by fredjeang »

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Re: Panasonic GH2 video settings quick switch
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 05:21:39 pm »

Could that be done in C1 C2 C3 for ex?
Yes, the pain is worth the gain. I will not try to explain how to get there since my explanation of the arcane menu settings would beggar credibility (let alone readability).
But the Custom settings will record all the currently set parameters of the camera for a one-click switch between settings.

fredjeang

Re: Panasonic GH2 video settings quick switch
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 05:29:17 pm »

That's a brilliant news! Thanks Chris.
Pages: [1]   Go Up