Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I said I would go back and I did  (Read 2519 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
I said I would go back and I did
« on: August 11, 2011, 08:24:38 am »

Hi all,

I went up to Skye (West coast of Scotland - UK) some months ago and the weather was really stormy, even though this is definitely one of the most beautiful areas of the UK for landscape images, I couldn't capture what I wanted to. So went back up there a couple of weeks ago for another go (a 1,000 mile round trip in a single weekend I might add) and captured this along with quite a few other images.

This image works better in black and white I think, which gives it a sort of dark, gothic feel.

In fact I like it so much up in Skye and the scenery is just so totally stunning at any time of year, that I am going to move up there into a large(ish) house and set up my own photography instruction holidays, with full board and full tuition in all aspects of photography and advanced image manipulation techniques, as well as being a scout for stunning photographic locations, to make sure that I put the photographer in the right place, at the right time, with the right skills to capture really great images - sounds tempting doesn't it?

all the best

Photobloke  :D

popnfresh

Re: I said I would go back and I did
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 11:00:23 am »

Wow, that's a remarkable image. Any gallery of fine art photography would be delighted to have it hanging on their wall. Congratulations!

JohnKoerner

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 11:03:53 am »

Wow, excellent!

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 01:56:30 pm »

You've done some good stuff, Bloke, but this is the best so far. A fine shot made better with good PP.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

John R

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 05:58:26 pm »

A great shot!

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 06:05:56 pm »

A fine work of art and a delight to the eye!

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 06:12:16 pm »

Thanks guys, those kind words are genuinely very much appreciated.

After many many years stuffing my head with every bit of information I could lay my hands on and going out in all weathers and times of the day, obsessed with learning the craft, about a year and a half or so ago, something started to click for me (no pun intended), as images started coming to life on my screen that made me think, did I really do that?

So thanks again guys, you have really made my day...  :) :) :)

Photobloke

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 07:52:57 pm »

You've done some good stuff, Bloke, but this is the best so far. A fine shot made better with good PP.
I'm with Russ on this one. Great shot!

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 10:38:07 am »

This image works better in black and white I think, which gives it a sort of dark, gothic feel.
Fantastic shot! Just the kind of thing for which I strive and usually fail to achieve.

In fact I like it so much up in Skye and the scenery is just so totally stunning at any time of year, that I am going to move up there into a large(ish) house and set up my own photography instruction holidays, with full board and full tuition in all aspects of photography and advanced image manipulation techniques, as well as being a scout for stunning photographic locations, to make sure that I put the photographer in the right place, at the right time, with the right skills to capture really great images - sounds tempting doesn't it?
Put me down for a room when you do! Perhaps you could come to some arrangement with Lady MacDonald (http://www.claire-macdonald.com/) and provide combined cookery and photography courses (and no, I'm not chauvinistically suggesting a division between the sexes: I'm very keen to attend her cookery sessions as well!).

Jeremy

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 07:25:30 am »

Put me down for a room when you do!
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

If you are really interested and I hope you are, then the outlines I am putting together for the photography training holidays, will be something along the lines of:

Sunday evening, through to Friday morning.

The full and all inclusive cost for the week, will be - £650 - with transport around the island to pre scouted locations, including dawn, sunset and full day shoots. Full board with good home cooking, hands on one-to-one tuition for camera craft, kit, composition and techniques (landscapes, intimate landscapes, abstracts, detail and possibly wildlife etc) and of course digital manipulation and all from basic/intermediate through to pro level.

The numbers of guests will be kept very small at between 2 or 3 people per week.

The dates (TBA, but starting 2012) would be mainly spring and autumn, although out of these dates could be arranged separately.

Also I may offer a scouting service for pro’s, who just want looking after and pointing to or taking in the right direction and at the right time etc.

I envisage this being very popular, as the Isle of Skye is quoted as being one of the top ten scenic locations in the world, and also is in easy striking distance of the west coast of Scotland and the Highlands and Islands etc.

If you really are interested and want to get hold of me directly, then go to my easy to remember website at - www.photography.info - I will be updating this site over the coming weeks with more info on these photography holidays, but as yet this is only a holding page, but there are a few of my older images on there to look at.

Here is another one of my recent black and white images, posted on another part of this forum a short while ago - hope you like it.

Dave Hickey (a.k.a. Photobloke)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 08:11:46 am by photobloke »
Pages: [1]   Go Up