Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neuschwanstein  (Read 5828 times)

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
Neuschwanstein
« on: August 10, 2011, 05:30:25 am »

Does anyone know of locations to shoot Neuschwanstein from an angle different from the one taken by me from the bridge as shown below?

I would like to shoot it from an angle further to the right of the position of my shot above....with the mountains in the background.  Even though it is only a couple hours drive from our house, I don't want to spend the entire day driving around burning fuel.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:59:31 am by Bryan Conner »

Sunny Alan

Re: Neuschwanstein
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 08:21:42 am »

I visited the awful castle some 4 years back.
You can get pics from the opposite side, to get the trees in background.

But it is not only from outside, but from all angles and the inside, is photogenic, esp. the throne room...

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 09:58:03 am »

thanks for your reply.  As I stated in my first post, I would like to get a shot from further to the right from my shot shown, with the mountains in the background.

Apparently, things have changed since you visited 4 years ago.  Photography of any type inside the castle is strictly forbidden.

dreed

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 12:47:00 pm »

thanks for your reply.  As I stated in my first post, I would like to get a shot from further to the right from my shot shown, with the mountains in the background.

Unfortunately I suspect that you cannot drive to that location such as that nor walk along a "paved" trail to it.

The photos, such as the link to one I posted in another thread, are taken from a location that requires walking into the bush and quite possibly up the side of the mountains there.

If my past experience is any indication, you can expect to spend a couple of hours walking around the mountain trying to find such a location :)

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 02:02:54 pm »

Unfortunately I suspect that you cannot drive to that location such as that nor walk along a "paved" trail to it.

The photos, such as the link to one I posted in another thread, are taken from a location that requires walking into the bush and quite possibly up the side of the mountains there.

If my past experience is any indication, you can expect to spend a couple of hours walking around the mountain trying to find such a location :)

If you are referring to the link you posted in the "Autumn Locations in Europe" thread here: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=56482.msg459226#msg459226
that looks to be from the exact spot I took my photo I put in my original post above. 

Were you referring to a link in another post? 

thanks

dreed

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 04:55:53 pm »

Ah, yes I was thinking of a different shot than to which I was referring, e.g.:

Castle Front
Castle Front #2

I'd be surprised if there was a recognised path to that location, but not surprised if there's a well worn path from the hoofs of photographers looking for that angle. You won't find that angle just by "driving around." It's taken from the side of the mountain. But why am I telling you this? I've only been there once and I worked out what I needed to do and where to go (but alas, time didn't permit the excursion!)

princepollux

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 03:01:26 pm »

I'll be at Neuschwanstein in mid-September and I'm also interested in shooting a semi-distant frontal view of the castle from the side of the mountain. Google Earth clearly shows plenty of social trails close to the ridge, but it's not clear to me where to leave the main trail to go across the forest and up to the ridge. Insights anybody?

Thomas Krüger

• http://thomaskrueger.eu
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 04:20:02 pm »

You can either walk down from the Tegelberg or walking up from the castle over the Marienbrücke. Check the sun with "The Photographer's Ephemeris" http://photoephemeris.com . There is not very much choice for a different trail looking on various GPS websites. Or check for a two seat hang-glider, maybe at www.flugschule-aktiv.de .

princepollux

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 04:39:50 pm »

Thanks Peter,

Looking at the area from a southern point of view in Google Earth, I think I'm going to try my luck walking up from the south on the east side of the river. You opinion on this is welcome.

dreed

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 07:15:37 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up