Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slow Service ...  (Read 6146 times)

JohnKoerner

Re: Slow Service ...
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 11:07:48 am »

Wow, totally changed the "feel" of the image.

Went from a "rural, deserted country store" feel to a "haunted house" feel :o

Fascinating imagination and work-up, thanks for sharing your vision!

Jack

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 01:37:27 pm »

"Haunted" is a good description. To me this place is like the Roach Motel where you check in but never check out.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 02:44:28 pm »

Ok, let me into the sand box:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 12:13:43 am by Slobodan Blagojevic »

JohnKoerner

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 04:56:51 pm »

"Haunted" is a good description. To me this place is like the Roach Motel where you check in but never check out.

You mean the Bates Motel, right?  ;D

JohnKoerner

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 05:10:31 pm »

Ok, let me into the sand box:

Spectacular!

Of all the renditions that have been put up so far, I would say that Marc's captured more closely "the mood" and "feel" of what I was trying to capture to camera. Lou's "haunted" interpretation was the furthest thing from my mind, while yours Slobodan was a little closer, but still pretty far away from what I was thinking about as well.

That said, I think that is what makes BOTH your and Lou's interpretations of the image so cool, is I would have never thought of these things on my own ... so you both opened my "photographer's mind" up considerably, because I think BOTH of your renditions are spectacular, each in its own way.

Seeing the "creative run" each of you has taken really makes me consider the endless possibilities of other images I have taken as well, so a sincere "Thank you!" for sharing your visions with me.

Jack

PS: Any other interepretations are more than welcome ;D

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 08:01:58 pm »

Dagnabbit! I wish I could come up with an image that could inspire such a variety of creative reworkings!
It would make a great gallery exhibit to have prints of all of these side by side on the same wall.

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2011, 08:10:42 pm »

Great idea. We could probably do it also here on this forum. I'm sure we all could come up with an image to start with for folks to play with.

JohnKoerner

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2011, 06:58:19 am »

Dagnabbit! I wish I could come up with an image that could inspire such a variety of creative reworkings!
It would make a great gallery exhibit to have prints of all of these side by side on the same wall.
Eric

That is a great idea, actually, just to show the limitless potential for creativity there is, when one stumbles upon an interesting composition. In fact, toward this end, I have saved each of these re-workings by Marc, Lou, and Slobodan--as I am trying to emulate what they did on my own, as sort of a training exercise to devolop my PP skills.

So far, I have pretty much just tried to PP my images to make them look exactly like what I see, because I have always pretty much just taken nature shots (or bug shots) where color accuracy and the desire NOT to deviate from the way the subject really looks is the key.

So the whole idea of B&W (and especially this venture into the surreal) is new to me as a consideration, but a fascinating one as well.

Cheers!

Jack
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up