Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resolve at fxPHD  (Read 1478 times)

ChristopherBarrett

Resolve at fxPHD
« on: August 08, 2011, 10:45:37 pm »

This ones for Fred...

fxPHD has just released a workshop on DaVinci Resolve  I'm almost done with it and it takes a lot of the confusion out of this friggin awesome software.  Well worth the couple hundred bucks plus.

Resolve even makes my 5d footage look good.

CB
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 10:47:28 pm by CBarrett »

fredjeang

Re: Resolve at fxPHD
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 06:27:30 am »

Great link! Thanks for sharing it Chris. Kept in favorite folder.

On-line training is always a good complement to face-to-face and indeed can speed-up the learning curve.

I've seen that they also have Nuke training wich is the software I finally choosed. Now it's getting into its learning...wich is everything except easy when you come from zero, but I guess it's like everything, it costs at first but when we get it we move forward very fast.

I'm sort of fortunate with Nuke because in Europe they don't have a lot of official training centers, but actually 2 of them are in madrid, one is close from home. Yeah! Life quality!

About DaVinci, I've heard that they cutted drstically prices to 1000 bucks wich I find particularly cheap, but again appears this Linux for PC users wich is my case...grrr

I think that Resolve is probably the best grading solution today, at that price point a bargain.

Have nice training.

Ps: thinking of it, I think you did a very good operation (logical and rational) with Red+Premiere+Resolve because if you film indy cine or arquitecture, the most important will be the grading of very good based files. Nuke in the end would suit more advertising and special effects, 3D stuff but it's not a specialized color correction software. I think that the most important is having the based workflow that is coherent with the kind of projects we are involved in and if we can, minimize the number of softwares involved in the workflow so we minimize the impact of the learning dedicated time.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 06:47:19 am by fredjeang »
Pages: [1]   Go Up