Poll

Canon IPF 8300 problem

Canon IPF 8300 problem
- 3 (100%)
Canon IPF 8300 problem
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon IPF 8300 problem  (Read 5018 times)

seagel

Canon IPF 8300 problem
« on: August 08, 2011, 04:36:13 am »

Hello,

do you now a lot of the Canon Ipf8300 i have a problem with it whem i print photo i am every time 10 cm of paper lost and i cant solve the problem can samone help me

Nigel Johnson

Re: Canon IPF 8300 problem
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 02:33:27 pm »

Seagel

I don't know why you created the pointless poll, however I will be generous and assume that as a newcomer to the LL Forum you made the mistake of selecting 'Post new pole' rather than 'New Topic'.

To diagnose your problem we need more information:

• Are you printing on roll paper or on single sheets?
  • If you are using roll paper are you using the cutter in automatic mode or manual?
  • When you say you lose 10 cm of paper what exactly do you mean, do you mean that the printer creates an extra white border? If so is the border:
    • on the leading edge (first out of the printer);
    • on the trailing edge (last out of the printer);
    • on a mix of leading and trailing edges (give sizes)?
  • What operating system are you using?
  • What application are you printing from?
  • Are you using the standard printer driver or are you printing from the Canon Photoshop plugin?
  • If you can provide screen-dump images of the various print dialogues and your settings it could help with the diagnosis.

Without this information it is unlikely that anyone could help you.

Nigel
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 02:35:48 pm by Nigel Johnson »

Rob Reiter

• The LightRoom
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 02:46:35 pm »

The answer is a simple one. On the printer control panel, click the left arrow until you are in the Paper menu. Then click OK. Scroll down and click OK on "Pap. Detail Set." Choose your media type and click OK. Scroll down to "Trim Edge First" and click OK. Then scroll to "Off" and click OK. You will have to do this for each media type you use, but this will fix the problem!
http://www.lightroom.com Fine art printi

seagel

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 05:03:29 pm »

The answer is a simple one. On the printer control panel, click the left arrow until you are in the Paper menu. Then click OK. Scroll down and click OK on "Pap. Detail Set." Choose your media type and click OK. Scroll down to "Trim Edge First" and click OK. Then scroll to "Off" and click OK. You will have to do this for each media type you use, but this will fix the problem!

hello,

your answer dit not help
i am printing of roll, cutter in automatic, borderless printing, i am printing from the Canon Photoshop plugin.

Light Seeker

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 06:26:20 pm »

I am not by my printer / computer, but there is an option in the Canon plugin that either trims your print to the full size of the sheet, or to the size of the image. I believe it's under a Roll Settings button and is called "Trim to image" or something to that effect.

If you've chosen to print a 6x9 image using a vertical 8.5x11 sheet, onto a 24" roll, selecting this option will cut the roll in and around 9" (plus minimum margins) rather than at 11".

Terry.

Rob Reiter

• The LightRoom
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 12:23:13 am »

Have you tried calling Canon Tech Support, if you're under warranty? They're pretty helpful.

hello,

your answer dit not help
i am printing of roll, cutter in automatic, borderless printing, i am printing from the Canon Photoshop plugin.

http://www.lightroom.com Fine art printi

Robcat

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 05:32:30 pm »

Check the page size you have selected in the plugin. Even though you are using roll, you must specify a page size and this must match with your roll size and be in the correct orientation (i.e. 11 x 17 is not the same as 17 x 11 and it is sometimes hard to tell which one is correct). That extra paper may simply be the printer outputting a different size paper than you thought---or one in a different orientation. The plugin is tricky this way.
Rob P

poshcolor

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 07:16:53 am »

Actually,I think that borderless printing option make this waste.Just try without it and see what it does.
Pages: [1]   Go Up