Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cielo, mar y tierra  (Read 1631 times)

Jose L

• "He detenido la luz, he capturado su vuelo" Louis
Cielo, mar y tierra
« on: August 06, 2011, 07:14:51 am »

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography
Re: Cielo, mar y tierra
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 01:24:16 pm »

Very nice capture.
For me it is much stronger with cropping from the top somewhat. The total size of the sky and the cloud strength minimizes what I think is the major focus on the surf.

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 01:45:34 pm »

I'd go the opposite way. I like the colors of the sea and clouds way more than the surf.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 01:59:35 pm »

It is a very interesting capture... from the unusual and unexpected color of the sand, to the overall muted, primordial tones of the image. My initial reaction was to object to the central placement of the horizon, so I tried to crop either top or bottom, but ultimately gave up. There is something calming in the almost symmetrical composition, where the sea foam might be visually perceived to symbolize cloud reflections. Placing the horizon in the center helps that harmonious, balanced, calming feeling. Placing horizon centrally usually works very well in square compositions, but in this case it would tighten it too much. What might tighten the composition just a bit is, perhaps, cropping it equally at top and bottom, into, say, 8x10 format.

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 02:45:23 pm »

Love the cloud action. I'd crop a bit from the top, even more from the bottom. IMO, you don't need that much sand to anchor the image.

John R

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 05:04:30 pm »

I have seen this gentleman's images before on the net. Striking image and overall excellent work. Not that I want to agree with Russ on cropping, because I don't and feel cropping is a valid tool for fixing or improvng images, but I think people should accept the format that comes with their camera and make the best of it and not try to alter images regularly or needlessly so that they can fit what they think it should look like. This is the feeling I get from the comments. This is obviously a beautiful and well executed image in the 2-3 format and we should all do so well with our cameras and their respective formats. And yes I can crop it seven ways to Sunday and still make it look good, but why bother when it is already very good and reflects what the maker intended. I actually agree with all of Slobodan's comments, except the reference to prints and cropping. I say print 8x12 or 20x30 and forget the cropping, it is not needed.

Jose L

• "He detenido la luz, he capturado su vuelo" Louis
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 04:35:50 pm »

Gracias a todos por vuestras opiniones. Saludos.

Cannes

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 03:31:07 am »

good capture, molto bene. ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up