Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is it?  (Read 6225 times)

Marco

Where is it?
« on: April 14, 2003, 07:31:35 am »

I'm interested too in finding that place...I asked directly to Fatali last september, and he told me "somewhere in the desert"  :(

Marco

Where is it?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 08:07:42 am »

Mike

Where is it?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2003, 09:12:38 am »

Marco, that ''back of beyond'' looks like it could be in the needles district by canyonlands national park. Just a guess though. That would be a tough one to find exactly but I bet theres more with such intrersting formations just a matter of leg work.

:)

MatthewCromer

Where is it?
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2003, 07:37:49 pm »

Why am I not surprised that Fatali would give that response.  From the man who burned Delicate Arch but has never convincingly demonstrated remorse or responsibility for his actions.  I'm sure he doesn't want people going there and seeing his scorch marks all over yet another area.  A complete discredit to all photographers.

Mike

Where is it?
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2003, 08:41:23 pm »

I have a question about a location ( I believe it's located in Arizona?), Michael Fatali has a photo of it on his great web site;  http://www.fatali.com/gallery/StoneTemples/StoneTemples.html. I would love to go there for photos and for the splendor of the area. I know a lot of people like to keep places like this low key as not to over use and spoil it, but I live in Flagstaff and looking and asking for quite a while now, and maybe someone could kinda direct me to a location? ( I bet it's on the Navajo Res.) Thanks!!!

Marco

Where is it?
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2003, 07:51:45 am »

Anyway, they're in southern Utah, near Page: just in front of the Paria Wilderness Ranger Station on US 89 (20 miles north from Page) , there is an area, they call it Rimrocks, a wild area with no trails, these rocks formation should be there...you have to explore a lot (no problem for the access, it's public land) but they are definitely there, as some rangers of the Paria Ranger Station told me, you should be able to look at some of these formations from the road...
Marco
http://www.fotoavventure.it

Mike

Where is it?
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2003, 09:06:06 am »

Thanks Marco, I'll give it a try!

Marco

Where is it?
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2003, 09:36:15 am »

Thank you Mike, even if I think it could be in The Maze district of Canyonlands,,,I'll be in the USA next august and I'll try to find these incredible rocks in the Needles or wherever, who knows, maybe I'll be lucky...go to the Paria Wilderness Ranger Station and ask there for some informations: if there's a ranger called Rachel, tell her that it was me (Marco, from Italy) to give you her name, she knows me very well and she could show you exactly where are these formations...ciao and have fun...

Marco

Where is it?
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2003, 04:08:33 am »

I totally agree with you, Matthew...I met Fatali a couple of times and I was totally disappointed with the man, the impression that I had is that he likes talking to you only if you are a potential buyer of one of his prints...

Lubera

Where is it?
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2003, 09:34:22 pm »

You folks might be interested in issue #77 of the Photograph America Newsletter.  This specific location is mapped out in the issue, and is currently on display on the web site's home page.  The author also has a composition in the issue very similar to Fatali's.  I subscribe to the newsletter and highly recommend it.

camp1323

Where is it?
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 10:46:49 am »

Location is Fantasy Canyon about 40 miles from Vernal, UT.

ddolde

Where is it?
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 01:07:09 pm »

Laurent Martrès reveals a lot of these sites in his books.

http://www.phototripusa.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up