Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autumn locations in Europe  (Read 3576 times)

dreed

Autumn locations in Europe
« on: August 05, 2011, 12:40:16 pm »

What locations can folks recommend in continental Europe during late September/early October, for capturing autumn colours? I'm thinking Northern Italy, around the lakes? Others?

In comparison to the USA, there doesn't appear to be as much information available online?
Or do I just not know what to look for?

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Re: Autumn locations in Europe
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 01:47:34 pm »

What locations can folks recommend in continental Europe during late September/early October, for capturing autumn colours? I'm thinking Northern Italy, around the lakes? Others?

In comparison to the USA, there doesn't appear to be as much information available online?
Or do I just not know what to look for?

If you want autum colors, any of the Nordic countries are prime locations for that. Plenty of forests and rich colors.

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 02:13:52 pm »

The Lake Como area in Italy should be very nice.  I have not been there in the Autumn, only in the summer.  Maybe venture a couple of hours north into Switzerland also would be in order too.  And of course, here in Southern Germany has a lot of nice places for fall colors.  The Allgäu Alps/Lake Constance region is always beautiful.  Another wonderful opportunity for fall images is around Hohenzollern Castle here in Schwabenland.

dreed

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 02:20:56 pm »

The Lake Como area in Italy should be very nice.  I have not been there in the Autumn, only in the summer.  Maybe venture a couple of hours north into Switzerland also would be in order too.  And of course, here in Southern Germany has a lot of nice places for fall colors.  The Allgäu Alps/Lake Constance region is always beautiful.  Another wonderful opportunity for fall images is around Hohenzollern Castle here in Schwabenland.

Ah, you've reminded me of Van Ludwig's castle over near Fussen...

Neuschwanstein

When are the colours usually set to arrive and for how long does the colour usually last?

paatus

• Digitalphoto
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 04:17:14 am »

Nordic countries. peace and quiet. you'll fall in love with it. Contact us.

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 05:11:23 am »

Ah, you've reminded me of Van Ludwig's castle over near Fussen...

Neuschwanstein

When are the colours usually set to arrive and for how long does the colour usually last?

Last year, the leaves here (South Baden-Württemberg)  began changing in the 2nd and 3rd of October.   I can not remember exactly how long it lasted....maybe a week or so.  I was on Hochgrat, which is @75 km west of Füssen, on October 3rd of last year and everything was still green. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up