Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dark prints from HP Z3200,problem solved for me  (Read 1580 times)

mgabr00

Dark prints from HP Z3200,problem solved for me
« on: August 03, 2011, 01:00:03 pm »

Dear all
I am new to this forum ,however I have been through the frustration of getting it right with the hp z3200.
The whole point is to completely disable the printers control over color
there is nothing wrong with your monitors,provided you have it decently calibrated
the main thing is that you should not double color management from 2 sources
on Mac Os:
in the print dialogue choose ,Photoshop manages colors
below it choose the paper profile that you had previously created
choose perceptual for color intent
and to the left bottom check ( Match print colors ),leave show paper white unchecked
then from print settings tab go to color matching and make sure everything is greyed out
then to ( Paper/Quality) and load the calibrated paper
then save and print
et Voila ,hope this helps

PS, you have to redo the first steps every time you have a new image to print
if you save the images after making the adjustments ,it will retain your settings next time you open it
Cheers
M. Gabr
mgabr.com

KenBabcock

Re: Dark prints from HP Z3200,problem solved for me
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 03:51:35 pm »

Umm... most of us here have been printing for many years and figured that out long ago.

We usually don't post tutorials.  We ask for help and receive help, or we share information when relevant.  For example, new canvas comes out (like Exhibition), or new coating hits the market (Timeless), and those who are first to try share their experience.

Since you're a new member, if you spent time and looked through previous threads you would have noticed similar topics covered a thousand times.

Thanks for contributing though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up