Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone having problems with IQ180 and LiveView?  (Read 1199 times)

undavide

Anyone having problems with IQ180 and LiveView?
« on: August 03, 2011, 03:49:40 am »

Hello,
I've just successfully upgraded the firmware of both the P1 IQ180 and P1 645DF to the latest version - and it seems I can't make LiveView to work at all.
Following all the instruction from P1 whitepaper: the back seems to react refreshing a dark, noisy image with no details at all (the whitebalance, quality and other controls work on the display), while the camera is not raising the mirror up nor reacting in any way. It seems likely that the two don't communicate - just my guess.
Has anyone had this kind of issue?
And yes, I've removed the lens' cap on the P1 80mm ;)
Thanks in advance,

Davide Barranca

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
Re: Anyone having problems with IQ180 and LiveView?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 04:16:31 am »

You have to raise the mirror yourself. Use bulb or something and it should work. See here http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28845
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 04:37:14 am »

On the DF, you have to raise the mirror and open the shutter ... camera and back do not communicate about Liveview.

Easiest is to set the camera on a long exposure time, 30 seconds or so, and trip the shutter.  Save that as a custom function, then just switch back after focusing.

Seems to work pretty good, but not sure LV focusing on the DF will be more accurate than just letting the camera AF.

undavide

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 04:41:56 am »

Thanks to everyone, sorry for having asked such a dumb question but I thought the process was automatized. (and I was pretty sure to have tried this one as well yesterday)
Anyway, it works!
Kind regards

Davide
Pages: [1]   Go Up