Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Testing the new eye 1 dispay pro  (Read 8994 times)

K.C.

Re: Testing the new eye 1 dispay pro
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 11:14:07 pm »

Please do not make me say the product has faults. I think it is well suited to the graphics arts market. I am waiting to see what photo users say about it.

Well I haven't had anything to drink and I'm wondering why you assume I'm not a very experience photographer with a good eye for color ?

dl1234

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 07:07:30 pm »

Did anyone get any resolution to this issue? I have precisely the same problem with the same devices, and not only this, but my actual calibration results are 3x worse than the factory settings!

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 03:20:30 am »

So I'm assuming if the monitor talks to the eye 1 through ADC it's using the monitor lut, so why is the graphics card LUT getting changed too?

To put it in simple words - profiler can calibrate parameters that are available via OSD controls. So there's no full hardware calibration possible - it can't put TRC calibration curves in internal LUT of the display. It only automatically changes parameters like  brightness, (so called) contrast, RGB gain, but then uses the LUT of the graphics card to correct differences between the resulted TRC and the calibration target TRC (like gamma 2.2 etc.).

You need a display with hardware calibration support and specialized software (like NEC Spectraview II/Profiler or EIZO ColorNavigator) to use internal high bit LUT rather than graphics card LUT.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 03:27:05 am by Czornyj »
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

Mr_S

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 03:38:25 am »

Did anyone get any resolution to this issue? I have precisely the same problem with the same devices, and not only this, but my actual calibration results are 3x worse than the factory settings!

Hi,

I replied to your pm but just to let everyone else know, I ended up sending the unit back for a full refund in the end.  I'll look into other solutions...!

Cheers,

Mr S.

ps @Czornyj  Cheers for the info.

shewhorn

• http://
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2011, 12:57:27 am »

To put it in simple words - profiler can calibrate parameters that are available via OSD controls. So there's no full hardware calibration possible - it can't put TRC calibration curves in internal LUT of the display. It only automatically changes parameters like  brightness, (so called) contrast, RGB gain, but then uses the LUT of the graphics card to correct differences between the resulted TRC and the calibration target TRC (like gamma 2.2 etc.).

You need a display with hardware calibration support and specialized software (like NEC Spectraview II/Profiler or EIZO ColorNavigator) to use internal high bit LUT rather than graphics card LUT.

There's also another issue. It's not a bug, but rather an implementation flaw. i1Profiler does absolutely no tests to see if it can successfully communicate with a monitor. My HP LP3065 has DDC/ci but nothing on the market can talk to it because HP has their own proprietary implementation. Color Eyes Display Pro correctly recognizes that it can't communicate successfully with that monitor and then falls back to manual calibration of the monitor. This is what i1Profiler should do. It should send a command to turn the luminance all the way up, measure that result, and then all the way down and measure that result. If no significant change is measured it should throw an exception and fall back to manual adjustment of luminance.

So that's what it should do. What it actually does is nothing. After it fails to change the luminance via the backlight, it promptly begins profiling the monitor and in order to meet the luminance target, it will remap an output of 255,255,255 to say, 180,180,180 and this is not a good thing.

Cheers, Joe
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up