Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipf8300 randomly not waking up  (Read 586 times)

mstevensphoto

• Denver Commercial Photographer
ipf8300 randomly not waking up
« on: August 02, 2011, 11:43:54 am »

Hi all,
   I've got an ipf8300 printing from an imac with os x.6 via export to ipf from photoshop cs5. it used to be that the printer would be on but asleep and sending a print job would wake it up and print with no issues or further intervention from me. lately I'd say taht 3 of 5 jobs don't wake the printer. when I go to the prograf printmonitor I can see my job in the "utility" list and it says "send" under status and has the correct (only) printer as destination. sometimes pressing the play button switches it to transmit and then it prints sometimes I have to walk to the printer and push a button to wake it up and then press play and many times I have to screw around with clicking things and retrying the job (no actual sequence) until the computer decides to recognize that the printer IS connected and start the job. does anyone have any ideas on a setting that may have changed or something I can do to get it back to having the computer wake the printer and print when I click "print" without all of the extra screwing around?
thanks
Mark

mikev1

Re: ipf8300 randomly not waking up
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 12:52:09 pm »

I have the issue on a windows setup connected via USB.  Usually have to go push a button on the printer.

ternst

Re: ipf8300 randomly not waking up
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 01:20:08 pm »

I've had the same issue with my 8300/Mac 10.6 for months. I have not found anything that works well - sometimes it will print fine for a week and then refuse to do so a day later. Other times it screws up every time. I can report that picking up one side of the printer and dropping it hard on the floor out of frustration does not work, although it does make me feel better, ha, ha....
Pages: [1]   Go Up