Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripoff?- Problem w/ rebate on Epson Exhibition Media  (Read 12469 times)

iCanvas

Re: Ripoff?- Problem w/ rebate on Epson Exhibition Media
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 09:28:32 am »

Good luck with the Exhibition canvas rebate. I have been waiting for 2 months and still haven't received it. They lost what I originally sent in and I had to fax it to them. Then, I was told that they issued a check for a lesser amount and had to correct that. It seems that you have to keep hounding them until that finally send it. I doubt that I will ever go for any rebate from Epson again.

Gar

mPanebianco

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 08:18:21 am »

Last week I got my certified mail back with a "stamped" signature and received an email yesterday saying that the rebate is being processed. So we will see. I will be sure to update the status.

-Mario

mPanebianco

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 02:31:24 pm »

Just and update to my previous post. I received an email confirmation from Epson Rebate Center stating that my rebate check was sent out on the Sept, 28th. Should be getting it shortly.

-Mario

MichaelWorley

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 05:01:37 pm »

Just and update to my previous post. I received an email confirmation from Epson Rebate Center stating that my rebate check was sent out on the Sept, 28th. Should be getting it shortly.

-Mario

Good outcome, and congratulations!

When my $300 Epson 3800 printer rebate failed to materialize, I called Epson. In response to the inevitable "to whom may I direct your call?" question, I said "to someone who cares" [almost phrased it differently] and explained the long overdue rebate.

I was connected to someone I suspect was not actually within Epson, but perhaps an independent contractor who handles Epson rebates. I explained my problem, and they said their records showed they had sent some sort of communication to me in Wyoming. It had come back undeliverable. I'll bet it did, I live in Arizona! Anyhow, my file was in storage now.

My next statement was true because I can't make this stuff up on the spur of the moment. I said that a good friend of mine is a senior executive vice president at a competitor [which I named but won't say here], and he questions my loyalty to Epson. "Can you prove him wrong?" I asked.

In short, everything was resolved in that conversation and I got my check in a week.

Everything worked out, but we shouldn't have to do this!

mPanebianco

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 10:40:46 pm »

I know its been a while. But shortly after my previous post, my rebate check did arrive in the mail. So I can't say that I have had a problem yet with Epson's rebate policy. I do know that whenever it comes to large rebate checks, I will always send in the form with copies made and via certified mail.

-Mario

Pocketlintprint

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, 03:06:32 pm »

My current situation with the Epson Rebates is incredibly frustrating! I purchased a 3880 with a $250 rebate in MAY 2012. It's now October and nothing for 5 months. I submitted everything correctly and promptly, however my check was issued are returned "undeliverable". When I called to inquire I was simply told it was returned undeliverable (they don't know WHY), and so they reissued the check and it would take another eight weeks. (Really?? To the same undeliverable address? Geniuses they have working there! They could have given me a courtesy call to give me a heads up that it would take another 2 + months or verify that "bad" address.)

Anyway, I asked what will happen if it is returned undeliverable yet again and the rudest woman on earth informed me they would re-issue yet ANOTHER check automatically to that same undeliverable address. Sigh. It will just never happen.

PS. I live in a normal house with a normal address, it's not some off the beaten path place. I receive ALL my mail that I am expecting.

This is just the cherry on the cake of this Nightmare saga I have had with this brand new 3880 printer. It had a platen gap error the first time I turned it on (a known bug) and had to be returned. Since I kept it in the box for over a month before setting it up (because I was moving studios and had no space to play with it) they refused to exchange new for new and told me they would send out a refurbished. (head explodes) I finally got them to send a new one, but they required an additional $1200 credit card hold until I returned the broken one. Fine, whatever, just replace the damn thing. I got a new one a few days later via fed ex in a very busted up box. I give up. ghhhhaaaaa. Why didn't I get a Canon.

-H.Morton

TSJ1927

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 09:11:58 am »

IMHO its just a way to keep the money in an extended "float".  Over the years I 've been burned several times on various rebates.  Now, I only respond to "instant" rebates for products I use on a regular basis.  Hear me marketing guys?

MBrew

• Brewsphoto.Com
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 12:07:22 pm »

And I thought it was just my bad luck when the $300 rebate on my 3800 failed to arrive.  It took months of hounding them and resubmitting to finally get it.  I've got a R1800, 3800, & 7900 but often question why I'm faithful to Epson and they really don't care once the printer is sold.

cengell

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2012, 01:12:51 pm »

Hello all, I recall a while back Canon had rebates and just about everyone had problems with them, so we called Canon and complained and telling them they must get this fixed or loose future purchases..

Well they did listen and I think most got there rebate, and so I would call Epson and tell them and demand they resolve this and you can provide proof they must listen and fix it..

Epson must have future sales and this sounds like with the rebate issues many will not purchase Epson, and I went with Canon IPF6300 and there rebate was aweaome! Also fast...

Christopher
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up