Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B9180: can't access printheads  (Read 826 times)

RobSaecker

• robsaecker.com
B9180: can't access printheads
« on: July 31, 2011, 02:11:20 pm »

I'm way past being ready to replace this printer, but I can't afford to right at the moment. Meanwhile, one of the printheads is not printing at all, even though a test page shows its condition as "Fair". And when I lift the top, it won't move the printheads over to the left so I can access them, it just sits there with "close top door" on the monitor. I've tried shutting it down and restarting, and pulling the power cord and leaving it sit for ~15 minutes, but nothing changes. Any suggestions, other than taking it out and shooting it?  :)
Rob
photo blog - http://robsaecker.com

DougJ

Re: B9180: can't access printheads
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 11:42:40 pm »

At the risk of misleading you, I think you open the top and then hold the "OK" button down until the carriage moves over to the left.

I hope that the B9180 experts with chime in, correct me as necessary, and give you the correct scoop on this.

FWIW, I've just abandoned my B9180 and bought an Epson R3000.  No regrets, just time to move on rather than spending my time chasing one work around after another.

Ciao,

Doug

KSonde

Re: B9180: can't access printheads
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 11:55:49 am »

Doug is correct. You need to open the lid and hold down the OK button for a few seconds to get the printheads to move. Try removing and then reinstalling the troublesome head. You might get lucky.

I'm also going to replace my B9180 with an R3000 in the next couple of months while Epson has the $200 rebate deal going.

Kurt
Pages: [1]   Go Up