Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nec 2690WUXi and latest nVidia Drivers issue on Win7  (Read 2793 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Nec 2690WUXi and latest nVidia Drivers issue on Win7
« on: July 31, 2011, 01:29:34 pm »

Just wanted to give a heads up, others may have already experienced this.

I noticed this morning that Win7 had detected a driver upgrade for my nVidia GTX470 card.
Normally I don't take these upgrades, but for some reason I said OK and downloaded/installed it.
This showed to be a major update dated in July 2011 from nVidia 151MB.

After the required reboot, I noticed that all the colors were off in CS LR etc.  But on the
reboot, I had seen the spectravision screen run, so I assumed my profile was loaded. I went back to
control panel and looked in the system icon and noticed that under the display tab, my monitor now
showed generic Plug and Play monitor.  NOT good.  From there I confirmed in the color management
tab, that my 2690 profile was not loaded and there was no way I could force it to load since windows
now thought I had a generic monitor. 

After a search on NEC's main site for a 64 bit driver for the 2690WUXI, I found this link:
http://www.necdisplay.com/monitor-installer/downloads

This will downloads a installer that will go out and look for any NEC installed monitors, it found my 2690 and reloaded the
correct driver and then I was able to go back to color management under control panel and reload the correct icc monitor
profile. 

Just wanted to point this out and same someone else the same panic I had when I realized that my monitor driver
had reverted back to generic.  I was unable to find a place on the NEC site where you could just download the driver and
when I searched under the monitor name, I only got the marketing literature. 

Still loving this great monitor. 

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: Nec 2690WUXi and latest nVidia Drivers issue on Win7
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 04:35:07 pm »

In my case this doesn't matter at all.  I have a lower end NEC monitor p-221 and it shows up as Generic PNP under the color management tab but when you go to the monitor tab it does show the P221.  For this monitor Win7 loaded the correct driver when it was plugged in.  I can get the Spectraview and ArgyllCMS profiles to work just fine and have done numerous profiles with this setting.  ArgyllCMS has a utility that allows you to double check whether you can access the monitor settings through the video card and the report back is OK.  I've also done at least four updates of the ATI Radeon video driver without having the type of problem you mention.  Perhaps nVidia somehow screws up the monitor profile when you upgrade the driver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up