Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: gen2 Drobo firewire/usb slows to crawl with Lion installed  (Read 5314 times)

jnmoore

gen2 Drobo firewire/usb slows to crawl with Lion installed
« on: July 30, 2011, 07:18:12 pm »

If you have a Drobo (especially an older one) and haven't yet upgraded you might want to wait.

I updated everything according to instructions and now my Drobo speed is very very slow. So much so, that I'm temprarily copying my camera photos to my desktop to process in Lightroom. I have 2T worth of photos on this device so I'm a bit worried even though all the finals and important stuff is backed up. At its current speed it would take many days, if not weeks, to get my files copied elsewhere. Sigh.

Data Robotics is working on this so I remain hopeful and patient that a solution will be found. There are lots of others in the same boat.

John

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
Re: gen2 Drobo firewire/usb slows to crawl with Lion installed
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 08:22:33 pm »

Oddly my Drobo v2 performance noticeably sped up when I installed last week's update to Snow Leopard.

jnmoore

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 10:15:02 pm »

Hey, smarter than me trusting that everything was fine. Hopefully this will be worked out but not perhaps till after the next Lion upgrade. You will want to upgrade to Lion eventually.

John
johnagon.com

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 11:57:49 pm »

DROBO is not lion compatible yet - they really botched it up and are still working on it.  Many are reporting complete loss on the drobo forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up