Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing project files to be referenced vs. stored in the Aperture database  (Read 6372 times)

special10

Hello,

I recently imported a new project and made lots of image edits, sorting and tagging etc.

However I intended to have Aperture reference the files instead of importing them into the Aperture database. 

Is there any way to change the project to reference the external files without loosing my image edits and reimporting?

Thanks much,

Edward

john beardsworth

• My photography site

Look at the File > Relocate Masters command

special10

Thanks - your sugggestion generally seems to have worked.  It did however appear to generate some duplicate files (with a slight file name modifcation) to the files that I have edited while stored in the Aperture database.

Is that to be expected?

Thanks again,

Edward

john beardsworth

• My photography site

I don't know Aperture well enough to be certain, but I think the answer depends on how you tell Aperture to relocate the masters. If you tell it to use the capture date, then I wouldn't expect duplicates. Equally, if you split by project, an image can only be in one project. But other ways of splitting may cause duplicates. Maybe some real Aperture users can comment?

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up