Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lion and Silverfast  (Read 1803 times)

JakeD

Lion and Silverfast
« on: July 27, 2011, 09:02:22 pm »

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I don't know if anyone else has encountered the problem I did today, but beware of an issue if you install Lion on your MAC and try getting SilverFast scanning software to work. I purchased SF Ai Studio on April 15th. for $312.00.  It won't work on Lion and Lasersoft now say if you purchased it before June 2011, you won't get any financial consideration for a replacement. When the new Lion compatible version comes available at the end of August, a purchase of that new version at the FULL price will be necessary. 3 months use and it's useless. Stinks of a corporate rip-off to me. So it's over to Vue Scan from now on, LaserSoft are not getting another cent of my money!

JakeD

Re: Lion and Silverfast
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 11:28:04 am »

Update to this. Having given up trying to contact Lasersoft US., I spoke to someone at their head office in Germany. They have now decided that if you purchased their software before June 2011, the upgrade will cost just $150.00. I think the June 'cut-off' is a bit tight, but at least $150.00 is better than the full $312.00.

JakeD

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 05:37:00 pm »

Last update:
To be fair to LaserSoft, they have now updated their website with fuller details of adjustments on pricing for existing customers. I have to say that I'm now much happier with LS's plans and treatment. Thanks LaserSoft for listening. All's forgiven.

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 06:48:41 pm »

Where's the surprise? If memory serves me every new MAC OS update had compatibility issues with one program or another. My policy is to wait at least 12 months or more to see which programs/plugins etc. cause gnashing of teeth on the blogs.

JakeD

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 07:07:26 pm »

No surprise really, but with the intro of Snow Leopard, there were numerous problems with Epson printer drivers for some length of time. This time, Epson were ahead of the game. 12 months? I don't think I'd be interested in any independent company who took that long to sort out their game!
Pages: [1]   Go Up