Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson V700 scanner hardware problem  (Read 3374 times)

Bluebottle

Epson V700 scanner hardware problem
« on: July 26, 2011, 06:18:18 am »

I have an Epson V700 scanner in which the lamp housing in the lid makes a thumping sound at the end of its travel.

When I looked through into the lid it seems to have a piece of sticky tape curled up inside at the point which the thump starts.

My thinking its a sticky tape stopping the travel and the belt is slipping - but where has this tape come from?

The scanner is still under warranty so I don't want to risk pulling it apart.

Have taken it in for repair. This afternoon the techo phoned me and said it was OK and that I had left the locks on (which you normally do when shifting scanners) funny about that!  Then I asked where the tape came from in the lid and he said he never noticed it, but now I have mentioned it, there was some tape, then run me through what it could be, I told him to get it fixed.

Does anyone have access to an exploded parts or service manual so I can sort where the tape fits in to this problem.

And as a double check for me, its still in the lid to serve its function, after the stupid techo has repaired it.

Thanks.

Doug Fisher

Re: Epson V700 scanner hardware problem
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 10:27:14 am »

You didn't have ICE enabled, did you?  If so, when it goes for the second scan and switched lamps it can make a lot of sounds at the end of the initial scan.

I have put up exploded diagrams for many scanners here:
http://www.betterscanning.com/scanning/dismantling.html

Doug

Bluebottle

Re: Epson V700 scanner hardware problem
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 06:44:37 pm »

No it was in the preview scan .

The lamp carriage  belt is slipping near the end of the preview scan travel, most likely catches on the tape which had fallen away.

Looks as if its a piece of teflon tape which the lamp carriage  runs along its at the opposite side to the rod.

The post is near p3/132 this runs along the side of the glass supporting the lamp housing p3/131

The tape is not shown in the diagram only the guide rod.
Pages: [1]   Go Up