Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i-pad 2 Problems  (Read 2324 times)

alangubbay

i-pad 2 Problems
« on: July 22, 2011, 04:14:00 am »

I should love to be able to sort pictures in the albums in my i-pad 2 but remain totally defeated. I understand that these are arranged in order of the file creation dates.  Although there are several programs that allow changing of the modification date, I cannot find a means of changing the creation date with my Windows Home service pack 2 O/S.  Otherwise, I am very pleased with the optimisation carried out by i-tunes which seems to produce high quality with sufficient resolution despite the high compression.  There must be a way around this.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: i-pad 2 Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 04:53:44 am »

I looked and couldn't find a way round it. I think it's using the time the picture was shot rather than the file creation time, so you might be able to change this with Exiftools (I have a Lightroom plug-in which does this).

An alternative is to try using the various portfolio apps. Minimal Folio is cheap, while xTrafolio and Foliobook are a bit fancier but may be more promising. Minimal and xTrafolio can both pull images from Dropbox (app) as well as from iTunes which is handy if you use more than one computer, have various presentation features, and allow you to rearrange images in any order you want.

John

alangubbay

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 06:28:48 am »

Thank you for the information. I have tried some of these programs. They appear to change the file date in the program but when I go back to Bridge I find that nothing has changed and all the original data remains intact! Nothing seems to change the order of the pictures on the i-pad.

alangubbay

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 02:59:03 pm »

At last I have found a way of changing the date. Windows Live Photo Gallery is a free program which allows this

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 08:30:09 am »

Here's another good portfolio app for the iPad http://ipadportfolioapp.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up