Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: phase one P45+  (Read 3815 times)

michele

phase one P45+
« on: July 20, 2011, 06:56:53 am »

Hi all,
I'm thinking about selling my P45+, I'd like some suggestions by you ;)
It was just sent to Denmark where they have cleaned it up, checked the focus alignment, checked the firmware and fixed a little problem that used to be shown sometimes. I have the chance, until september to update the warranty for 1 year long for 1.000 euros.
The back is in perfect condition, it doesn't show any signs of use, it has little less then 14.000 exposures, it's 2 years and a half old. It's in mamiya afd mount. I have 2 batteries and 3 covers for the ports.
I'd like to get 7.000 euros + italian vat, do you think it's too much?

felix5616

Re: phase one P45+
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 05:57:36 pm »

what mount does the back have?

nightfire

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 06:29:27 am »

He said it - Mamiya AFD mount.

Personally, I think a P45+ is priceless, but that's just me  ;)

julienlanoo

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 07:00:11 am »

14 000 exposures? in 2 years ? do je mean 140 000 ?

archivue

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 11:40:35 am »

I have the chance, until september to update the warranty for 1 year long for 1.000 euros.

I'd like to get 7.000 euros + italian vat, do you think it's too much?

you mean 7000 + vat including 1 year warranty ?
can you transfert the warranty to someone else ?

it's a fait price, but most of people prefer to buy a refurb back from a dealer... so, not so easy to sell...
in the end of september i will probably shop for a P45+... still can't decide between a V or M mount...
so at this time, if you still have that back, feel free to contact me...

by the way, i believe that being a french with a european VAT number, you won't have to charge me the VAT... right ?!

michele

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 03:05:00 pm »

Thanks to all :)

Actually it has 13545 acutations...
I don't know if I better sell it or not... It's a great back...
Perhaps in september I'll take my final decision and will put on sell or not...

Thanks to all!
Michele

Peter Devos

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 03:07:32 pm »

7000 is a bargain and actually way to low.

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 06:18:24 pm »

Not sure what's going on, but you don't pay VAT on second-hand goods in the EU if you're not making a profit. There might be some Italian tax peculiarities I'm not aware of, though.

archivue

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 01:05:49 am »

7000 is a bargain and actually way to low.

this days, you can find P45+ refurb in shops for les than 9000 euros... so 7000 directly from the owner seems right to me !

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 03:22:14 am »

Not sure what's going on, but you don't pay VAT on second-hand goods in the EU if you're not making a profit. There might be some Italian tax peculiarities I'm not aware of, though.

When you are a company (or better a legal entity) that falls under the VAT regime you have to charge VAT. Only when doing business with other entities that can supply valid VAT details in other countries within the EU you can leave out the VAT. In other words when selling to private individuals you have to charge VAT within the EU. Naturally a transaction between 2 private individuals is without VAT.

Unless they have changed VAT tax law in the last 20 years which is when I left the tax practice at E&Y. VAT tax regulation is one of the most complicated around with lots of changes, exemption, interpretations, etc.. so that might very well be.

feppe

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 02:19:18 pm »

When you are a company (or better a legal entity) that falls under the VAT regime you have to charge VAT. Only when doing business with other entities that can supply valid VAT details in other countries within the EU you can leave out the VAT. In other words when selling to private individuals you have to charge VAT within the EU. Naturally a transaction between 2 private individuals is without VAT.

Unless they have changed VAT tax law in the last 20 years which is when I left the tax practice at E&Y. VAT tax regulation is one of the most complicated around with lots of changes, exemption, interpretations, etc.. so that might very well be.

No, you are right. Posting commercial ads is forbidden on this forum, so I'm making the assumption that Michele is a private individual who doesn't need to charge VAT, not a retailer. This is supported by his OP.

archivue

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 04:32:47 pm »

they "invent" EURO VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER for that purpose !

As a pro living in france, i should give all my VAT informations to the seller (living in a other country within europe)...
then he won't charge me the VAT, but have to declare the transaction anyway !
I will also declare the transaction and will have to pay a VAT in france...

VAT on goods moving between Member States
No frontier controls exist between Member States and therefore VAT on goods traded between EU Member States is not collected at the internal frontier between tax jurisdictions.
Goods supplied between taxable persons (or VAT registered traders) are exempted with a right to deduct the input VAT (zero-rated) on despatch if they are sent to another Member States to a person who can give his VAT number in another Member State. This is known as an "intra-Community supply". The VAT number can be checked using the VAT Information Exchange System (VIES).
The VAT due on the transaction is payable on acquisition of the goods by the taxable customer in the Member State where the goods arrive. This is known as "intra-Community acquisition". The customer accounts for any VAT due in his normal VAT return at the rate in force in the country of destination.
http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/taxation/vat/how_vat_works/index_en.htm

feppe

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 05:52:34 pm »

they "invent" EURO VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER for that purpose !

As a pro living in france, i should give all my VAT informations to the seller (living in a other country within europe)...
then he won't charge me the VAT, but have to declare the transaction anyway !
I will also declare the transaction and will have to pay a VAT in france...

Second-hand goods have different rules, ie. margin scheme. Since I'm not getting paid for this, knock yourself out, starting from Article 311.
Pages: [1]   Go Up