Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing Lightroom 3 default  (Read 3876 times)

brianrybolt

Changing Lightroom 3 default
« on: July 20, 2011, 05:50:12 am »

I am not able to change one of the defaults in Lightroom even after researching it.  It's probably quite easy, but I can't find the answer. In the Develop Module the Tone Curve setting defaults to Medium Contrast and I want it to be Linear.  How do I change this and make it 'stick.

Many thanks in advance.  Brian

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
Re: Changing Lightroom 3 default
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 08:17:24 am »

In Develop, make the change you want and hold down the option/alt key. Reset (near the bottom right) changes to Set Default.

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 09:38:07 am »

Alternatively, the menu item is develop/set default settings.

As said, this takes all settings of the current photo, so take care of it( best is to hit reset and then make the only change you want).
If you feel that it still doesn't stick, you may have the defaults specific for the ISO setting or camera serial # - and anyway defaults are specific to camera model.
Bottom line : if you got more than one camera or use ISO-specific defaults settings, you'll have to make it more than once.
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery

brianrybolt

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 07:07:50 am »

I've tried both replies but to no avail.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Brian

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 02:46:52 am »

I am not able to change one of the defaults in Lightroom even after researching it.  It's probably quite easy, but I can't find the answer. In the Develop Module the Tone Curve setting defaults to Medium Contrast and I want it to be Linear.  How do I change this and make it 'stick.

Many thanks in advance.  Brian

not sure this will help you, but because I wanted all my imported nef files linear from the getgo I set up a profile preset via the camera calibration panel, along with a few other things, like lower contrast than the 25 acr/lightroom setting, a bit of clarity, vibrance, etc...but you can just adjust that linear aspect via a preset you create and choose it on import...I chose a specific Nikon profile I wanted to use and adjusted settings, like tone curve to taste...

eliedinur

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 06:52:13 pm »

Set your defaults with the Tone Curve panel switched OFF at the toggle switch. Off is the same as linear.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th
Pages: [1]   Go Up