Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Must have iPhone/iPad apps  (Read 11401 times)

Elleain

Must have iPhone/iPad apps
« on: July 20, 2011, 04:24:12 am »

I'm always interested in trying out new Apps on my iPhone. The best place to find out about new apps seems to be get reference from App store. But you should note that not every hot apps in the App store is what exactly you need. While you are not sure about it, you may take consider into other’s review or useful app listing like me! LOL
Here are my current fav’s apps:

1.   GoodReader ($0.99) - the best PDF reader for the iPhone and the iPad version is even better.It can not only view local files (and you can transfer files to it from iTunes), including PDF, Word, Excel, PNG, TXT, JPEG and more, but you can download files from a URL or connect to a web server.

2.   Air Playit (free)- Streaming Video Music to iPhone iPad and iPod Touch. Access Your Video & Music Library Anywhere.

3.   Hippo ($4.99) - Turns your iPhone into a mouse/keyboard. Great if you hook your laptop up to your TV to watch video's and are too lazy (me) to get up to start the next video or to reply to an email/instant message.

4.   Free Translator – This application provides an interface to the free Google Translate API for many languages.

Anyone else care to share their fav's?

I haven't pulled the trigger on an iPad yet but am looking forward to getting the next generation iPad whenever it comes out. Soon I hope?!

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
Re: Must have iPhone/iPad apps
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 05:00:56 am »

If you have Spyder 3 this app may be what you want for the iPad:

App

Cheers,
Tom Brown

shelfer

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 02:18:18 am »

hello, Elleain

i'm new to iPad, but i'm curious about Air Playit. Is it the same with Air Video free version?

thanks u in advance. u'll see, im new here, but i really appreciate your sharing.   ;D

EgillBjarki

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 03:49:36 am »

"LightTrac" is a very helpful app. You can check from witch direction the sun comes from at any date and time, very helpful if you need the light in a certain way for a shoot..

jamesedward

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 08:44:22 am »

For Translating, I would like to suggest the app called Worldictionary which is good at recognizing and translates it between 21 languages. Have a look at it and hope it would be helpful.

Jos van Eekelen

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 05:32:40 pm »

Photosmith, at least for Lightroom users. It allows for selecting and rating of pictures and integrates with Lightroom. Works well although I still have to test it a bulk of photos. This will happen when I'm on holiday in a few weeks time.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 06:24:20 pm »

Pocket Light Meter...the ad version is free and the no ad version is .99. It works really well as a full featured light meter on an iPhone (note, not FOR the iPhone but for real photography).

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 09:50:19 pm »

DoF Plus, also include MFDB sensors albeit if one base on Hassy
Monochromia
hCam

Peter Lik - Best app for inspiration I have come across, both iPhone and iPad versions are highly recommended, iPad version feature videos for download

Rgds
Anders

Gordon Buck

• LightDescription
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 10:03:21 am »

Pocket Light Meter...the ad version is free and the no ad version is .99. It works really well as a full featured light meter on an iPhone (note, not FOR the iPhone but for real photography).

Very nice!  Thanks for the tip. 
Gordon
 [url=http://lightdescription.blog

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 07:53:36 am »

Well I have a few ones here.

- TuneIn Radio Pro I think one of the best i-net radios out there.
- 360 Panorama Great fun Tool to make some 360 Panos. the quality is quite good, but iT#s not really about the image quality it's about how much fun it is to use the app.
- Viewfinder Pro There are a few version out there. (Depending on what camera you use) It's a greta framing tool.
- HD Photographic Wallpapers Ok, this last one is a little self promotion. Just finished the app. It has a Photo collection of some of my work. All optimized for Wallpapers.
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

jamesedward

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 07:44:43 am »

For Translating, I would like to suggest the app called Worldictionary which is good at recognizing and translates it between 21 languages. Have a look at it and hope it would be helpful.

I have got some good features in the recent version update of Worldictionary. I can use Bing translation search like Google and YouTube. Performance is much better than last version update.

jamesedward

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 04:01:38 am »

Hi,

Adding to must have apps you can try out WorldCard Mobile app. WorldCard Mobile, the leading business card scanning application for iPhone, uses OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology to instantly transfer information from business cards to the user’s native contacts. With a simple click of the camera, you no longer have to manually input contact info from business cards or email signatures.

The new version WorldCard Mobile 4.0.0 is updated with new features.

- add QR code recognition
- add 9 languages recognition, includes Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Slovak, Spanish (Mexico), Turkish.

Check out WorldCard Mobile on the iTunes store

Please share your valuable comments of the app.

Regards,
James

BJL

Which iPad photo editing apps?
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 09:19:49 pm »

May I add a question: has anyone done or found a review comparing photo editing apps for iPad? In particular, PhotoRaw and Snapseed seem to be the most recommended until last week, when iPhoto was added to the mix. I have no interest in doing this on the tiny screen of an iPhone or iPod Touch, so am just curious about apps adapted for the iPad.

sandymc

Re: Which iPad photo editing apps?
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 07:02:28 am »

May I add a question: has anyone done or found a review comparing photo editing apps for iPad? In particular, PhotoRaw and Snapseed seem to be the most recommended until last week, when iPhoto was added to the mix. I have no interest in doing this on the tiny screen of an iPhone or iPod Touch, so am just curious about apps adapted for the iPad.

I don't know of any reviews, but I did write a brief blog post that at least categorizes the various kinds of apps, which may be helpful: http://chromasoft.blogspot.com/2012/03/guide-to-photo-editing-apps-on-ipad.html

But of course, I'm biased ;)

Sandy

jamesedward

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 08:21:16 am »

I have got some good features in the recent version update of Worldictionary. I can use Bing translation search like Google and YouTube. Performance is much better than last version update.

Hi All,

I got to inform you that the Worldictionary app is now added with another language "Indonesian" for recognition. Have a look on it. I am sure it will be useful for you :)

Fips

• some unrelated photos on flickr
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 10:05:35 am »

I like City Maps 2Go (what a stupid name  ::) ). It let's you download maps for offline navigation and it knows about all kinds of points of interest. The maps are really nice and accurate and you can download as many as you want for free, once you have bought the app itself.
In addition you can also by an add-on which downloads content from Wikipedia but this I haven't tried so far.
Something similar is done by Wikihood. It uses your current position to show you all Wikipedia entries for places nearby.

If you have some time to kill, try iBone and Cut the Rope. Both are really addictive.

francois

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 11:17:10 am »

If you have some time to kill, try iBone and Cut the Rope. Both are really addictive.

+1 for Cut the Rope. Move the Box is also "interesting"!
Francois

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 05:03:59 pm »

My faves

• Focalware is my favorite ephemeris program, sun and moon
  • Motion-X GPS for tracklog, navigation, map downloads, and creating GPX files for geotagging
  • Eye-Fi app with an eye-fi card in my camera allows me to take pics with a real camera and then beam them directly to my phone and upload to my favorite sharing site.  No WiFi network needed.
  • Triggertrap with dongle to make your phone into an intervalometer, motion detector, lightning detector, or just plain shutter release
  • maplets has downloadable brochures and maps for every national, state, and local park in the US
  • ibird pro is a searchable bird guide with many identification photos and intelligent search by location, color, size, etc... also includes audio recordings of their songs to aid in identification or (if you consider it ethical) to lure the bird in to be observed.
  • Evernote for keeping notes about anything and syncing them across multiple devices. I keep things like hyperfocal distance tables, calibration tables for my pano rig, or even business cards from people who won't make it into my contacts.
  • weatherbug to enable me to see a weather for radar wherever I am

RANT FOLLOWS-->
I refuse to acknowledge that these phones have any image capture technology whatsoever, so you won't see me extolling instagram or hipstamatic apps.  They all mostly suck. Take pride in your photos and use a proper camera that allows you to consistently and reliably capture quality images. 
<--RANT ENDS
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer
Pages: [1]   Go Up