Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: 2 M3's (one black), 50/2 Collapsible and Leica CL with 40mm  (Read 964 times)

StuartR

• http://www.stuartrichardson.com

Next up on the sale list are two M3's, a matching lens, and a Leica CL set.

The Silver M3 is a double stroke model from 1954 or 1955, and I am asking for 950 USD for it. It is got some scuff marks, and a little bit of balsalm separation in the viewfinder, but overall it is in nice shape and is a good user. It has always worked well for me. It has a K seal, which means that Sherry Krauter was the last to work on it, I believe.

The Black M3 is a repaint job, and has some small scratches in the paint. I believe it was painted by Shintaro in Japan...I am not sure though...I bought it secondhand. The paint looks nice in person, but is not as durable as modern paint jobs I think...The M3 itself seems to be built with parts from different bodies. It is a single stroke model, and has the smoothest and quietest wind and release of all the M cameras I own...and I own a lot! The viewfinder is very clear and bright with no signs of separation. It has a quickload kit built in. I am asking 1500 USD for this one and will include the green Luigi built-in grip case and strap for 100 dollars more. I had the camera CLA'ed at Nippon Photo Clinic in 2007.

Please note, these cameras worked fine the last time I used them, but they are old and have not been used much lately, so they MIGHT need a CLA. They are probably fine, but I cannot take a return on them on that basis -- these cameras are old and might need a tune-up to work perfectly. But as I said, they were fine the last time I checked.

The 50mm collapsible has some coating marks, but still takes very sharp photos with good (but not modern) contrast. It is slightly lower contrast than a modern lens. It comes with the 12585 lens hood, which often sells for 50-90 USD alone, and a B+W 39mm MRC filter. I am asking 450 dollars for that lens.

I am asking for 800 USD for the CL and 40mm Summicron. I had DAG in the US modify the meter so that it accepts modern batteries (it normally requires mercury batteries to meter accurately), and the camera and lens are in great shape. I made the hood for the 40mm summicron out of the hood for a 35mm f/2 ASPH. There were instructions online somewhere, but it took a long time! It is removable...you just have to unscrew it.

Everything is located in Iceland, but I am a US citizen, and my paypal account is US based, so if you are in the states there should be no added fees. FedEx shipping is about 70-100 USD to the US, and it is the cheapest express carrier in Iceland, as well as the fastest and most reliable shipping method. I can also ship via the Icelandic postal service's airmail shipping, which is the most economical. It should take a week or two to arrive, and it has tracking. It would probably cost around 40-50 USD. I would only charge my costs. I am happy to ship anywhere, upon receiving payment.

Photos start here: http://stuartrichardson.com/summer20...e/index_6.html
Here is one of each, to give you an idea.

Pages: [1]   Go Up