Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A study in blue  (Read 7450 times)

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Re: A study in blue
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 11:18:33 am »

I have to admit on second look it is not as bad as I first thought. But I cannot improve on the image as is, only suggest that more foreground could have been included under the bottom sandbar and that would help diminish the power of the sandbar and make it more like the top sandbar- a nice horizontal visual RESTING point as my eye explores the rest of the image. But then again, this might be too subjective on my part and this image when seen large could be fine.

Thanks for this excellent feedback! You and others made more or less the same observations. I'm going to spend some time researching the concept of visual resting points.

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Re: A study in blue
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 11:19:24 am »

Using the Panoramic Editor window (the one where you can drag the image around, crop the image, and change the projection) you will want to drag the image upward, effectively moving the horizon below it's actual position.  You could also do this with numerical transform (I forget the exact menu title) and applying a slightly negative number to the pitch value.

Cool! Thanks for the tip!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up