Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parting of the Clouds  (Read 983 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Parting of the Clouds
« on: July 19, 2011, 05:40:30 am »

Serendipity can be wonderful. I was driving through the South Island of New Zealand a few weeks ago. It was rainy, dreary, overcast and nothing was happening anywhere (I was consuming lots of coffee though at regular cafe stops  ;D). Lake Hawea was totally clagged in as was Lake Wanaka. A hike up to the top of Mount Irons in an effort to get above the mist and cloud proved fruitless. I was starting to get somewhat despondent at the continual grey skies.

Then driving along I peered out the side window of my camper just as the cloud broke in a layer and the sun lit up the revealed mountain. I slammed on the brakes, grabbed the 300mm and rattled off a total of three frames before it was gone. I wish I could share a print as for me there is gorgeous texture in the mountain that is a bit lost in the jpeg. Nevertheless here it is for your thoughts and comments as always.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Re: Parting of the Clouds
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 08:35:35 am »

You didn't happen to ask a bloke at Nugget Point if he knew of a good place to park the camper van for the night did you, while your other half was trying to see the penguins? Coz if you did that was me.

I got some real stunners back out on the point in the morning as I watched the sun come up all on my own, which was utterly amazing, and which was the real reason I was there the night before, just scouting really.

If it was you, then aint it a small world....?

Photobloke

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 08:45:50 pm »

You didn't happen to ask a bloke at Nugget Point if he knew of a good place to park the camper van for the night did you, while your other half was trying to see the penguins? Coz if you did that was me.

I got some real stunners back out on the point in the morning as I watched the sun come up all on my own, which was utterly amazing, and which was the real reason I was there the night before, just scouting really.

If it was you, then aint it a small world....?

Photobloke

LOL - nup wasnt me.. must have been a few photogs around  ;D
Wild Nature Photo Travel

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 09:25:32 pm »

Nice light indeed, thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Bernard

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com