Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RZ67 exposure issues  (Read 1678 times)

MarkoRepse

• www.markorepse.com
RZ67 exposure issues
« on: July 18, 2011, 06:46:51 pm »

I'm using a Leaf Aptus22 back using the Leaf interface plate and sync cable on a RZ67 proII camera and seem to have an exposure issue. I did a test to confirm in max sunlight by adjusting shutter speed and aperture to maintain EV. When using 1/400 or 1/250 (to a lesser degree) the image comes out underexposed, while the slower shutter speeds maintain a consistent exposure over the entire range. It is also lens dependent. The 110mm isn't as affected as the 210mm or 65mm lenses. For example, the 210mm is rougly 2 stops underexposed if using 1/400 f4.5 vs 1/125 f8, while EV is the same. Also worth mentioning is that the 110mm lens shutter broke (it does not open) while testing, which could be a coincidence or not. Any suggestions?

MarkoRepse

• www.markorepse.com
Re: RZ67 exposure issues
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 12:34:32 pm »

I did another test with a different camera body using my lenses and then used a different 110mm and 180mm lens; the results are the same. Then I did a quick test with the polaroid back using the 210mm lens and found that using 1/400 f4.5 is still slightly underexposed compared to 1/125 f8, but not nearly as much as using the digital back. I did not test other lenses with polaroid. It seems like there there is a communication issue. Will contact P1. Other RZ users, no issues?

AlDoori

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 02:23:49 pm »

i am still using my old RZ pro and pro II and a brand new RZ pro IID with different lenses and aptus 22 with sync cable +  leaf interface.
everything works perfectly.

in case you should have a problem with your shutters: you can check effective exposure time in bridge.

MarkoRepse

• www.markorepse.com
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 11:50:29 am »

I just got my RZ back from the local service. They did a shutter speed test and did in fact find a problem. 1/400 = 2.5miliseconds while they measured 4.9ms. 1/250=4ms, measured 5.1ms. 1/125 and slower was quite OK. This was with all lenses. Its interesting however that the images get underexposed, when in fact the shutter stays open longer. What is even more confusing is that I get the same problem with the second camera body and other lenses I briefly tried. I will ask the owner to have them tested too. Now I am thinking of just getting another camera body and hope it works. Phase suggests there should be nothing wrong with the back. It is a bit annoying with dealers so far away from where I live...

AlDoori, how exactly do you check using bridge? I never use it so dont know where to look.

AlDoori

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 03:23:27 pm »

in the filter window in bridge you have a filter "exposure time".
you can also check exif in leaf capture with "cmd-i".

the camera does not transfer data to the back, but the back records exposure time.
a quite interesting feature.

MarkoRepse

• www.markorepse.com
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 04:00:45 pm »

You get shutter speed recorded at all exposure times? Because I only get it at exposures around 1/15 and longer. Or when shooting with flash it is around 1/25s no matter the shutter speed. Otherwise it is blank.
Pages: [1]   Go Up