Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing reflections  (Read 6229 times)

hbradshaw

Removing reflections
« on: July 18, 2011, 11:35:38 am »

Hello:

I'm new to the forum and Lightroom.

I have a photo of a bathroom.  The photo shows the shower with a reflection of the window and the tub.  Is it possible to remove these reflections with Lightroom?  Or, can it be removed with Adobe Elements?  Or, do I have to use PhotoShop?  I attached the photo so you can see what I mean.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. :)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: Removing reflections
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 12:45:18 pm »

Hello:

I'm new to the forum and Lightroom.

I have a photo of a bathroom.  The photo shows the shower with a reflection of the window and the tub.  Is it possible to remove these reflections with Lightroom?  Or, can it be removed with Adobe Elements?  Or, do I have to use PhotoShop?  I attached the photo so you can see what I mean.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. :)

It won't be possible with Lightroom and I suspect it will be jolly tricky with Photoshop (impossible with my rudimentary skills, certainly).

It's a bit late, and it's a colour shot, but this is perhaps one situation in which filters aren't redundant. A polariser would have been very beneficial.

Jeremy

hbradshaw

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 01:44:47 pm »

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.  I will look into getting a polarizer.  Do you have any recommendations?  I have the Nikon D5100.

alanb

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 02:07:03 pm »

Greetings,

Look at filters@singh-ray.com

I have their products a bit expensive but extremely high quality also.  Their polarizers are the best I've found.

All the best,
Alan

hbradshaw

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 02:10:56 pm »

Thanks.  I sent them an email.  Hopefully they will have a recommendation.

Scott Hargis

• Scott Hargis Photo
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 04:28:27 pm »

A polarizer might help, but I doubt that it would remove the reflection completely. Much easier to simply flag off the entire window with a big piece of black cloth.

Tinstafl

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 06:11:24 pm »

A polarizer might help, but I doubt that it would remove the reflection completely. Much easier to simply flag off the entire window with a big piece of black cloth.

when you shoot lots of  glass and have windows you will need a tripod and you will have to expose for various different areas of the shot.  Also you will need a black flag to flag off the glass that will reflect and then merge all the different shots with layers.  I use a rule of thumb one day shooting one day editing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up