Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rickets Glen Pa.  (Read 15324 times)

daleeman

• http://
Re: Rickets Glen Pa.
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 05:37:36 pm »

Only a few more days left. Hope for great weather and great shots
Lee

daleeman

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2011, 02:50:41 pm »

Presently there are 5 of us going. Email me if you care to join us at Ricketts Glen. My email is daleeman@yahoo.com

Lee

SangRaal

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2011, 10:27:36 am »

OK I was up in that area for several days last week into the beginning of this week( so much for my quick 1 or 2 day trip), Fall color began last thursday morning with their first killing frost, with fall color spreading down to the southern end of the Susquehanna valley by monday . Be careful driving to the park and the trailheads many roads are closed with detours in place( even in major population areas of north east Pa) even roads that were not flooded are heaved by hydraulic pressure from underneath expect driving to be slow. On the bright side there is a great leaf canopy and color should be wonderful. I'm not sure about your rope idea a more practical solution would be a trekking pole or the Gitzo monopod trekking pole combo. I would like to get up there for some pictures and I have begun a photo project of the Locust Ridge wind farm (stitched panoramas and just open) in Schuykill county off of routes 924 and 339 that I need to finish.

daleeman

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 04:16:39 pm »

OK I was up in that area for several days last week into the beginning of this week( so much for my quick 1 or 2 day trip), Fall color began last thursday morning with their first killing frost, with fall color spreading down to the southern end of the Susquehanna valley by monday . Be careful driving to the park and the trailheads many roads are closed with detours in place( even in major population areas of north east Pa) even roads that were not flooded are heaved by hydraulic pressure from underneath expect driving to be slow. On the bright side there is a great leaf canopy and color should be wonderful. I'm not sure about your rope idea a more practical solution would be a trekking pole or the Gitzo monopod trekking pole combo. I would like to get up there for some pictures and I have begun a photo project of the Locust Ridge wind farm (stitched panoramas and just open) in Schuykill county off of routes 924 and 339 that I need to finish.

Thank you for the update. Sounds like it is looking nice up there, weather permitting. Will keep an eye open for the detours and will certainly look for spots to get it where we hope to find the good stuff.

Thanks again.
Lee
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up