Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Target Reading  (Read 1760 times)

na goodman

Target Reading
« on: July 14, 2011, 10:13:25 am »

Someone asked me if the room environment lighting makes a difference when reading targets. They were wondering if the spectro possibly pics up lighting conditions that affects the final profile. Thoughts?

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Target Reading
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 10:14:39 am »

Someone asked me if the room environment lighting makes a difference when reading targets. They were wondering if the spectro possibly pics up lighting conditions that affects the final profile. Thoughts?

Shouldn’t. You’d don’t want to point a 10K light at the unit, but reasonable ambient light shouldn’t be an issue.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

na goodman

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 10:16:50 am »

Thanks Andrew for the quick response.

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 11:47:24 am »

You might tell us more about what device and what ambient light your working with. Generally it's not a problem but there are exceptions. Paper bleed through is often a greater concern.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

na goodman

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 11:54:16 am »

A client's studio has what is referred to as warm florescent bulbs. He was using an i1 non UV cut and thought the profile was off and asked me about the lighting. The studio used to be used for something else  and now he is converting it to a print studio, I'm wondering if he shouldn't change the lighting but I wasn't sure it would affect the reading of the targets.

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 12:00:30 pm »

No problem there. The Eye One is close enough to the paper surface that it blocks the ambient and the EyeOne's light is so intense that the ambient light would be insignificant if it made it through anyway. Try a test to see this for yourself.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up