Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H4D60 Firmware Update Available  (Read 4719 times)

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
H4D60 Firmware Update Available
« on: July 11, 2011, 11:12:51 am »

Sensor Unit firmware H4D-60, R500

Version R500 is a replacement firmware for R361 introducing many new features and performance improvements for the H4D-60 camera.

Highlights Include

-Rear LCD updated to full resolution
-One click 100% instant focus check
-Camera grip info on rear LCD
-Two directional electronic spirit level
-Live Video (requires Phocus 2.6.3 or later)
-Support for Rollei & Schneider electronic shutter systems

This is a firmware update for the Sensor unit, body and Viewfinder!

Note, you do not need an expensive accessory to update you camera - everything is done by FireWire and Phocus.

Spirit Level..

Viewfinder Spirit Level Indication

Rear Info Display

One Click instant 100% zoom focus check

The user programmable buttons (MUP, AE-L, True Focus, Stop Down) can all be programmed to action the Level, Rear Display and Focus Check.

Or..

Press Up, on the four way key for the rear info

Press and hold 'i' for Spirit Level

Enjoy the update!
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

• Capture One
Re: H4D60 Firmware Update Available
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 11:16:05 am »

To add...

I viewed both the IQ180 and H4D60 zoomed to 100% on both displays.

There was no discernible difference in resolution between the too.  Also agreed by the Phase / Hasselblad dealer who offered to show us the IQ180 / Mamiya combo.
David Grover

design_freak

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 11:25:41 am »

Congratulates! , I'm so glad! Good job!
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 11:28:51 am »

Just a lack of external power (eg field work with Arca Swiss or Alpa). Can we implement it to a whole range H4D?
Best regards,
DF

gazwas

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 11:39:25 am »

David, these are really nice improvements and the 60 is maturing into the camera is should have been from the start.  ;) Its a shame the others (40 and 50) seem to have been forgotten.

If these improvements and the yet to be released battery had been available from the word go I'd have bought the Hasselblad instead of the P65+.

Its such a shame it seems to take Hasselblad so long to get things done.  :(

Great update and keep up the good work!
trying to think of something meaningful........ Err?

• Capture One
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 11:46:37 am »

David, these are really nice improvements and the 60 is maturing into the camera is should have been from the start.  ;) Its a shame the others (40 and 50) seem to have been forgotten.

If these improvements and the yet to be released battery had been available from the word go I'd have bought the Hasselblad instead of the P65+.

Our pleasure!

Nothing has been forgotten and we will continue to develop and support all platforms.

The body firmware update is actually for all H4D / H3D / H2D models as contains a few fixes applicable to all.

D

David Grover

design_freak

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 02:29:59 pm »

Sensor Unit firmware H4D-60, R500

Version R500 is a replacement firmware for R361 introducing many new features and performance improvements for the H4D-60 camera.

Highlights Include

-Rear LCD updated to full resolution
-One click 100% instant focus check
-Camera grip info on rear LCD
-Two directional electronic spirit level
-Live Video (requires Phocus 2.6.3 or later)
-Support for Rollei & Schneider electronic shutter systems

In topic "live video" you mean version 2.6.4?? Which is also downloadable :-)

« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 04:10:09 pm by design_freak »
Best regards,
DF

jduncan

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 11:22:48 pm »

Agree with you about the massive delay, from the H3D-60 to the current H4D-60. Painful for people that had to wait. But I don't agree with you about the H4D-40.

It has received a lot of love from Hasselblad:  from introductory videos with the likes of Steve McCurry. They have special  configurations etc.

The fact is that for a lot of applications  (not all) until the Pentax and the IQ series the H4D-40 had no rivals (combining price performance and image quality) on the MF word.  The good news is that it looks like Hasselblad already learn how to deal with  Dalsa sensors, the bad news is access to them.

Lets look what will happen, but this is pretty good news.

Best regards,
James
english is not my first language, an I k

design_freak

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 04:42:51 am »

Agree with you about the massive delay, from the H3D-60 to the current H4D-60. Painful for people that had to wait.
Painful ???!
You do not even realize what I experienced. I do not want to go back, but it is difficult to forget.
Best regards,
DF

gazwas

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 05:48:37 am »

Agree with you about the massive delay, from the H3D-60 to the current H4D-60. Painful for people that had to wait. But I don't agree with you about the H4D-40.

It has received a lot of love from Hasselblad:  from introductory videos with the likes of Steve McCurry. They have special  configurations etc.

The fact is that for a lot of applications  (not all) until the Pentax and the IQ series the H4D-40 had no rivals (combining price performance and image quality) on the MF word.  The good news is that it looks like Hasselblad already learn how to deal with  Dalsa sensors, the bad news is access to them.

Sorry, I thought the double res screen, one click 100% view, pitch and roll scale, and the up coming external battery for tech camera use was only for the 60 but I was mistaken.

As for "Love", sales videos (?) and special additions (??), what ever floats your boat!  :-\

I was just implying (before you corrected me) that all these update were just for the the 60 and they couldn't be done on the 40 and 50. Not that they weren't good cameras.  ;)

jduncan

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 06:55:53 am »

Sorry, I thought the double res screen, one click 100% view, pitch and roll scale, and the up coming external battery for tech camera use was only for the 60 but I was mistaken.

As for "Love", sales videos (?) and special additions (??), what ever floats your boat!  :-\

I was just implying (before you corrected me) that all these update were just for the the 60 and they couldn't be done on the 40 and 50. Not that they weren't good cameras.  ;)

Marketing is expensive. The fact that a new product has new tech that the previews models don't is nothing new or unusual.  When the LR3 was introduced the Range Rover did not had terrain response, The Range Rover had Air suspension before the Discovery . Same goes for Eizo monitors or for Nikon cameras (the D90 had video before the D3 series).

I don't have a boat. I live from technology and this is not new. So I hope that eventually the full like of Hasselblad cameras will have the new tech. Maybe at  that moment we will not have a 40 but that's the normal follow of tech.

You are right in something: I mean special editions. not addition so maybe that's reason you did that obscure reference  to something I not fully get.

Best regards,

James

gazwas

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 07:28:40 am »

Marketing is expensive. The fact that a new product has new tech that the previews models don't is nothing new or unusual.  When the LR3 was introduced the Range Rover did not had terrain response, The Range Rover had Air suspension before the Discovery . Same goes for Eizo monitors or for Nikon cameras (the D90 had video before the D3 series).

Sorry, I don't get your point as the 40, 50 and 60 are all the same generation camera and announced at the same time. If this was an H5D-60 then you'd be right but alas its not.

I would have loved these features in the 50, which I very nearly purchased but I was informed (rightly or wrongly) the tech camera battery was for the 60 only.....  ???

"whatever floats your boat" - meaning what makes you happy/content.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 07:44:48 am by gazwas »

design_freak

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 09:17:08 am »

Sorry, I don't get your point as the 40, 50 and 60 are all the same generation camera and announced at the same time. If this was an H5D-60 then you'd be right but alas its not.

I would have loved these features in the 50, which I very nearly purchased but I was informed (rightly or wrongly) the tech camera battery was for the 60 only.....  ???

Really? I have a solution, which I use for almost 2 years. In addition, works with any Hasselblad H1D, H2D, H3DII, H4D. You can not believe everything you tell the seller.
Best regards,
DF

jduncan

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 07:24:50 am »

Even if that was the case, and is not,  we still have the cases like 7880, 9880 and 11880.  The same case. Does that means Epson forgot about the main stream market? no;  Then  comes the new line.

Engineering is a job that is based on constrains.  Just like that. One of them is money and  resources.

Best regards,

James

Pages: [1]   Go Up