Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Google + Rights Grab - This is getting Ridiculous  (Read 1726 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Google + Rights Grab - This is getting Ridiculous
« on: July 10, 2011, 08:25:28 pm »

From Googles Terms of Service for their new Google + Service

""You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services." From Google Term of Services."

This is getting out of control.

http://www.google.com/accounts/TOS?hl=en&loc=AU
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 08:34:32 pm by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

BFoto

• Brad's blog
Re: Google + Rights Grab - This is getting Ridiculous
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 03:08:25 am »

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 06:51:00 am »

From Googles Terms of Service for their new Google + Service

This is getting out of control.

http://www.google.com/accounts/TOS?hl=en&loc=AU

What exactly do you mean by "out of control"? One complaint about that TOS is already discussed here.

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 06:52:28 am »

What exactly do you mean by "out of control"? One complaint about that TOS is already discussed here.

Yes I missed that. didn't mean to double post.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 11:47:58 am »

It is not ridiculous.  The next time Google, Facebook or Twitter send you the bill for using their servers to host your image posting, don't pay it.....oooops....they do not charge a fee.....

PhillyPhotographer

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 04:38:45 pm »

It is not ridiculous.  The next time Google, Facebook or Twitter send you the bill for using their servers to host your image posting, don't pay it.....oooops....they do not charge a fee.....

I agree.

The overall response to this is giving me a good chuckle. These services have given artists a free forum in which countless people can view your work. I'll sit right here and wait for anyone's photo to be abused by any of these services..... still waiting. Maybe I'll get them started. Hey Google you are free to use any of my photographs on your homepage or advertisement so millions will see it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up