Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ProfileMaker Pro versions  (Read 10144 times)

Scott Martin

• Onsight
Re: ProfileMaker Pro versions
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 09:49:12 am »

...we need to make use of the most cost-effective tools available, sometimes for more than one thing. It turns out the UV-cut i1Pro is useless when used as a supporting device for TV display profiling. In my case, I can't afford both versions.

So if a UVcut EyeOnePro isn't useless wouldn't it be a good device that could be used for more than one thing?
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

tony22

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2011, 11:02:57 am »

Scott, my original understanding was based not only on emails from SpectraCal, but also on other AVS postings such as this

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14664705#post14664705

which was also from Derek, but from the previous year. If you read through the rest of that thread you will see that kokap raised a question about this, but it was never resolved. So at the time I bought my original gear all I knew - from what I was told and what I saw - was that a particular version of a particular device would not work for me. Simple as that.

If you take exception to the absolutist nature in the way I made my statement then I'm sorry about that too. But when all's said and done I bought what the information at the time told me was the "right" device, and I still have no plan to spend a lot of money on another.

To the forum moderator, if I've violated any rules regarding talking points or tone please take whatever action is required.

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011, 11:21:59 am »

My own real world testing shows no problems calibrating displays with EyeOnePro UVcut. And as discussed in another thread, i1Profiler appears to get around the problem of shadow perception that we've seen with other display calibration apps.

UVex data working OK for display calibration? Check.
Excellent Shadow Detail? With i1Profiler - Check.
Consistency when calibrating lots of displays of different brands and panel types? Check.

Looking back at your original questions, it's kinda looks like you're looking to find reason not to use i1Profiler. But judging from my results I'd really encourage you to throughly test both display and printer calibration with i1P. Try before you buy if you can. It's a pro level solution that you might find surprisingly powerful and elegant with a relatively modest cost of entry.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

tony22

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2011, 11:28:32 am »

Scott, it does seem like i1Profiler is worth looking at. And I suspect I will look at it at some point soon. ;D My method is to move slowly, though. I'm still working through all of the capabilities in i1Match and ArgyllCMS. In such time as I have to focus on this I have my hands full with both. Once I get a good understanding of what they can do for me I'd be surprised if I didn't start looking at Profiler.

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2011, 11:37:13 am »

I'd encourage you to spend a little time with each before you make a significant time investment down the Argyll rabbithole. Cheers.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up