Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge/Tools/PS/HDRpro toning glitch  (Read 1761 times)

Patricia Sheley

Bridge/Tools/PS/HDRpro toning glitch
« on: July 09, 2011, 04:15:32 pm »

I sometimes use a toned layer (from 3 CR's) as part of my manual blending. I have just noticed that when I hit OK for the adjustments to go to PS the file is showing up in PS as a sRGB instead of my usual prophoto...I've gone through the Schewe e/Evening book and the Ultimate workshop and cannot figure out where I have suddenly changed something and gone wrong...

any insight on getting back to a full master file instead of sRGB to save? Thanks for hints you may have to set me straight...Pat
A common woman~

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Bridge/Tools/PS/HDRpro toning glitch
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 04:46:01 pm »

Click on the Camera Raw Workflow Options and change the output color space to ProPhoto RGB.

Patricia Sheley

Re: Bridge/Tools/PS/HDRpro toning glitch
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 06:31:56 pm »

Well, I'm perplexed. I have all working spaces set to ProPhoto RGB but went back to ACR and looked in the options anyway...is set to ProPhoto RGB, Bit depth 16bits. Experimented with DNG's and CR2's (I usually use CR2's).
Then: Bridge /tools/PS/merge to HDR Pro.  The file layers show in PS as Prophoto. On the Merge to HDR window I make some adjustments . (sometimes remove ghosts is greyed out...because ghosts are not detected?)    I then hit OK .

"Creating file" window shows as Prophoto 32 bit. When that returns to PS another window appears, "Converting HDR Image" and it is at the end of this window that I am left with sRGB IEC61966-2.1 (16bpc)

Maybe it has always done this and I haven't noticed, and I can convert to profile, but haven't I lost info?...

So much for common women...or at least this one...hopeless...

Thankyou Jeff for your quick response...maybe something else that is very obvious has escaped me?

On a more satisfying level, am packing up the two youngest grandchildren for some hiking way  downeast Maine and a few surprise ocean sidetrips for them...they are both happy on the water and hiking in all weather so I'm going to be a very happy elder for a couple weeks....

Thanks in advance for any thoughts ...Pat
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 06:55:46 pm by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~
Pages: [1]   Go Up