Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eizo CG 301 / display validation?  (Read 2449 times)

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
Eizo CG 301 / display validation?
« on: July 08, 2011, 04:03:10 am »

Hi,

I just wanted to ask what Delta-E values are still good for a display like the Eizo CG301. (CIE2000 , or 1994 or 1976 all welcome)

Just want to make sure the thing is working as it should. Thanks for the help.

Chris
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

tho_mas

Re: Eizo CG 301 / display validation?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 05:00:13 am »

Hi Christopher.

Keep in mind profile validation only reflects the Delta E of the current monitor state in relation to the values stored in the monitor profile - both based on the values measured with the same colorimeter (or spectrometer).
Still validation is useful to check particularly the greyscale (in addition to a visual inspection).
My CG241W has been running about 11.500 hours and the greyscale is in the range of 0.1-0.4 Delta E.
Colors are in the range of 0.1 - 0.8 Delta E ... only the dark blue patch (RGB 0/0/127) shows a max. Delta E of 1.7.

I wouldn't worry too much about these values... the visual match to actual prints is much more important. But that requires a lot more than just a good monitor with good calibration.

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
Re: Eizo CG 301 / display validation?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 05:15:06 am »

Exactly!
Higher dE values might just reflect the behavior of the sensor. Here's an example of i1pro, that generally has problems with noise in dark patches readings:

Another example shows the influence of heat - same spectrophotometer, but I left it on display for a couple of minutes and repeated validation:

And for comparison - basICColor DISCUS example results:

Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa
Pages: [1]   Go Up