Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Up-rezzing?  (Read 2069 times)

Trevor Murgatroyd

Up-rezzing?
« on: July 05, 2011, 07:53:50 pm »

I took this with Panasonic GH2 and printed it quite nicely at approx 10 x 15.

I would like to print it much bigger but have little experience with this. I would appreciate advice on how big I might be able to go, best ways to go about it and potential pitfalls.

My printer only goes to 19 x 13 and I was hoping to do better, so would probably need to outsource the printing. I would appreciate any suggestions for that, and whether I should up-rez first, or let them do that for me?

I have Lightroom, Photoshop Elements, and Corel Painshop Pro.

Many thanks for any suggestions

Trevor

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm
Re: Up-rezzing?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 01:53:57 am »

I'm no expert but this link should help: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/DMCGH2/DMCGH2A.HTM

Go to the bottom till Panasonic GH2 Print Quality. 16x24 inches is what they suggest. Hope this helps.
Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to the Arri Alexa.

francois

Re: Up-rezzing?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 02:31:01 am »

I took this with Panasonic GH2 and printed it quite nicely at approx 10 x 15.

I would like to print it much bigger but have little experience with this. I would appreciate advice on how big I might be able to go, best ways to go about it and potential pitfalls.

My printer only goes to 19 x 13 and I was hoping to do better, so would probably need to outsource the printing. I would appreciate any suggestions for that, and whether I should up-rez first, or let them do that for me?

I have Lightroom, Photoshop Elements, and Corel Painshop Pro.

Many thanks for any suggestions

Trevor
Trevor,
Since you have Lightroom, you should read this very recent discussion thread:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=55433.0
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up