Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Recommendations for Printer/Service Bureau New York, City  (Read 661 times)

brandtb

• http://www.brandtbolding.com

I print my own work presently, but need to have some prints made larger than my current  home  printers will do...final prints e.g. approx. 24 x 36 etc. etc.. - from digitial files.  I need printer/service bureau in Manhattan prefferably - and one that has been used with multiple successes by recommendees.  Thanks in advance.
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com

spacegoose

Re: Need Recommendations for Printer/Service Bureau New York, City
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 09:37:58 am »

I had good luck recently with Blick on Bond St. (between Broadway and Lafayette)  not really a bureau - it's an art supply store - but decent prices and they use Canson paper (among probable others). They had a sale on printing and custom framing a few weeks ago and have one running now (seems to be a common sale at Blick). I got a 4x5 B&W negative portrait printed to 21x27 on 24x30 Platine Fiber Rag paper (for a built in mat :)) for around $67. I'm very happy with the result, now framed in an inexpensive but decent black Nielsen frame with acrylic glass, acquired for approximately $25.00 at A.I. Friedman on 18th St. (a great place next door to Adorama where frames always seem to be 50% off). I scanned and prepared the file myself and delivered it on USB thumb drive. They use a 44" capable Epson 9900.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 08:17:56 pm by spacegoose »
Pages: [1]   Go Up