Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What has happened?  (Read 3887 times)

Jozef Zajaz

What has happened?
« on: July 04, 2011, 11:29:19 am »

Just printed my first big canvas about 3x3feet. On the end i got "blobs" on the print, blue marks.

Se attached pics.

printer is ipf 8300

Jozef Zajaz

Re: What has happened?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 12:47:26 pm »

Now I did a A cleaning.

I got :

Hardware error 03800500-2F44

Turn off printer,  wait then turn on again

T_om

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 01:39:06 pm »

That "2F44" means a head is going bad.

The blue is normally what you see when the matte black head is failing.  The matte black head is the left head by the way.  The next message to appear is usually "Replace Left Printhead".

Appears to be a new head in your future.

Tom

Jozef Zajaz

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 01:58:39 pm »

Okej thank you!

Printer is under warranty under a year old. Just contact canon and have them send a replacement?

T_om

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 02:02:23 pm »

Yep.  Just give them a call that they will walk you through the process.  Canon is great about replacing printheads under warranty (one year or a certain amount of ink... don't remember the amount but it is a LOT).

Tom

Jozef Zajaz

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 06:44:48 am »

Great thank you!

The dealer said something that to thick paper can damage the printheads? How thick paper can i use? I'm using a canson infinity 440gsm canvas atm. Is that ok for my printer?

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 11:20:08 am »

The product specs on the Canon page specifically list the minimum and maximum thickness for roll paper:

Roll: 0.07 - 0.8mm (3.2 - 31.4mil)

Having said that, any normal canvas will be well underneath that thickness, and it sounds like your dealer is just being silly.

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

Jozef Zajaz

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 05:50:56 am »

The product specs on the Canon page specifically list the minimum and maximum thickness for roll paper:

Roll: 0.07 - 0.8mm (3.2 - 31.4mil)

Having said that, any normal canvas will be well underneath that thickness, and it sounds like your dealer is just being silly.

Neil

The rep i bought it from ask me if i hade the cutter "active" when i printed the canvas. He said that i can't have it active as it will press towards the printer heads and maybe damage them. He says its in the manual. I have no freaking idea what he is talking about?

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 10:47:31 am »

That also sounds dumb. You can use the automatic cutter just fine to slice the canvas off. People here do it all the time.

Sounds like you just have a busted print head. Call Canon. Get them to replace it under warranty.

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!
Pages: [1]   Go Up